7

THE WAIT

3rd person's POV

KARTHIK was grumpy today, he just snapped at everything. And poor Jack and nurses had to deal with his anger today.

Arohi called this morning that she won't be able to come by because she had some very important things to attend to today. So just asked Jack to get his food on Time and hung up without saying anything to Karthik.

Karthik felt bad.

He thought 'atleast she could have talked to him instead of Jack but no she just hanged up the damn phone'.

He doesn't know why he was feeling like that.

He felt suffocated in that large room, he felt lonely and his breath started to come heavy. His mind started to go round and round.

Jack who noticed Karthik's condition ran towards him and tried to distract his mind.

"Can you take me outside? " he asked Jack.

Jack thought 'There's Garden In hospital, may be he should take him there to get fresh air' with that thought he let out a "sure sir".

Karthik looked around the garden curiously, as if it was his first time seeing the world, well since he lost his memory of it is actually his first time outside the hospital room.

After spending some time in silence they went back. It felt so boring, he felt something was missing.

Just when he was about to have his dinner which was from hospital's canteen, someone barged in without knocking, he felt annoyed as today his mood was not roses already and this now.

He looked up and what he saw made his heart beat fast, he got frozen.

Arohi walked in wearing a beautiful black saree, looking so beautiful, and she was wearing a makeup today, looks like she came from some type of function.

"Hey, my baby, house was your day?" she started to gush around him, and gave him a soft kiss on his cheek, but suddenly he turned to look at her and her lips touched his lips.

She got shocked and pulled out, looking at everything but him.

He felt the the sparks spreading through his body but chose to ignore the feeling and her.

Arohi recovering the shock, looked at him with flushed face and decide to tease him a little.

"what are you shy of, a little kiss from your girlfriend won't harm you" saying this she again dared to peck his lips to which he just raised his eyebrows at her, as if amused with her act.

Finally he asked in annoyance "where were you? You went somewhere looking like this?" while pointing at her saree clad figure.

Arohi looked at herself and nodded her head "uh-huh"

Suddenly smiled and asked curiously "how am I looking? Do you find me attractive?"

He averted his eyes and murmured "stupid girl"

And she just huffed and tookout his dinner which she brought with her, although it was a takeout but still tastes better than hospital's bland food right.

He took the food obediently from her and started eating while listening to her blabbering about her day, he finally got to know she went to attend wedding function of her best friend.

"I'll be back" saying this she went out and he started to feel angry again. She just came like an hour ago or so and left him alone again.

He stopped eating and put the plate aside, he thought she doesn't care about him and just threw the remote of tv which was on bed out of anger.

He tried to control his anger But just couldn't.

And door opened and she walked in again smiling brightly but her smile faded when she looked at broken remote near her and his unfinished food, and she looked at him in question "what is all this? "

He shouted "why are you still here, just go back, I don't wanna see you, get the hell out of this room"

She looked at him boredly and ignoring his words move forward and took his plate in her hands, sat beside him in bed and after scooping some food in spoon, she urged him to open his mouth while looking at his eyes lovingly " come on, eat a little bit more"

He did what she asked him. She fed him food and then medicines too which he took without throwing anymore tantrums. He kept looking at her while she was doing things for him.

He looked at the clock realising it's 9 pm, so late to go alone, that too when she was looking so beautiful in saree, he was worried for her but didn't showed it just said "just leave now, I wanna sleep, but don't go alone, I'll call Jack he'll drop you"

To which she just said "I'm not leaving, I'm staying with you, it's so late I don't wanna leave I'm lazy, and anyways that's why I came to you today after attending the wedding to stay here, I missed you whole day, I know you didn't thought about me even once, but I did ok, so let me stay, tomorrow might be our last day together if you ask me to leave you, so I just wanna spend the remaining time with you, let me do that, bear with me a little more please" she expressed her thoughts feeling pain.

Because he not even once returned her feelings, she was sure now, he will ask her for break up the first thing in morning.

                     ***************

Let me know how you guys felt?

I hope you guys like this story of Karthik and Arohi.

Author 🍭.