𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐘 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑
"𝐴 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤𝑠 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢."
—𝐸𝑙𝑏𝑒𝑟𝑡 𝐻𝑢𝑏𝑏𝑎𝑟𝑑
𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟑𝟎𝟔𝟖

⋆⋆⋆✧⋆⋆⋆

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐓𝐄 of Liliana's morning was peaceful. Then she checked the time on the clock.

"Eleven? Shit!"

Panic now taking over her entire body and completely waking her up, Liliana scrambled out of bed, extremely aware that she had hardly any time to fix her rumpled hair and do her makeup.

It was the day of Evangeline and Riley's baby shower, and it was set to start in two hours. Not to mention, Liliana was supposed to be there at half-past eleven to help them get ready!

She ran her fingers through her hair, though they were quickly caught onto tangles, and she sighed as she pulled her fingers out.

"Hey, love. Are you—did . . . did you just wake up?"

"Cedric!" Liliana sighed as she turned to him, and she rubbed the side of her face. "Yes, I woke up late. I was awake until six in the morning—"

"Doing what?" he questioned incredulously before cupping her cheek with a frown.

"Everything!" And she sighed once more as she threw her arms to the sides. "Preparing for today, and I was doing some preparation for tomorrow's tutoring sessions because I won't have time today, and—Merlin, I'll tell you later. I need to get ready."

"You weren't planning on going with the bed head and pyjamas look?" Cedric quipped as she headed towards the bathroom, following her closely behind. "I've heard it's in style. Swear I've seen it in Witch Weekly."

She threw him a glare over her shoulder, though the corner of her lips tugged upwards as she chided, "Not the time for jokes!"

"Who said I'm joking?"

He chuckled as she glared at him once more, and they quickly entered the bathroom, where Liliana immediately grabbed her hairbrush and began to comb it through her tangles.

She wrestled with the knots for a few minutes until her hair was straight enough, and she ran her fingers through it one last time before putting the hairbrush away.

After she finished brushing her teeth, she began to dab foundation onto her skin.

Cedric leaned against the door and remarked, "You know, you're beautiful enough without makeup. No need to spend so much time when you're that pretty naturally."

The blush she was attempting to fight easily took over her cheeks. "Oh, hush."

She hurried through the rest of her makeup; she spread some gold glitter over her eyelids, brushed some mascara on, and quickly applied a deep red lipstick before she was set.

"Okay, now clothes," she muttered, grabbing Cedric's hand as she passed him and dragging him back towards her room.

She opened her closet door, and her eyes quickly ran over the variety in front of her. Now, she was internally chiding herself for not choosing an outfit the night before.

She pursed her lips together, and her anxiety wasn't all too reassured as Cedric wrapped his arms around her waist from behind and rested his chin on her shoulder.