𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍
"𝑊ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡𝑟𝑖𝑝 𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒, 𝑖𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑦 𝑡𝑜 𝑔𝑒𝑡 𝑢𝑝. 𝐵𝑢𝑡 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑖𝑛 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒, 𝑖𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑖𝑚𝑝𝑜𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑏𝑙𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛."
—𝐴𝑙𝑏𝑒𝑟𝑡 𝐸𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑖𝑛
𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟒𝟕𝟑𝟔

⋆⋆⋆✧⋆⋆⋆

𝐋𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑 lip as she stood in front of her closet, her eyes milling over the various options that hung in front of her.

Having found the ideal spot in their schedule where they were both free, Cedric had decided that they'd have a small evening picnic in his backyard. It was perfect—his parents were working late, so they'd have the place to themselves, and the evening couldn't be a nicer one.

She sifted through the blouses and dresses, her eyes narrowed as she tried to choose an outfit. It was quite warm out today, contrasting from the dismal and chilly weather that March had been giving them so far, so she decided to choose something lighter with short sleeves.

And since this was a date, might as well dress up a little, right?

She gave herself a firm nod as she pulled out one of her dresses, and quickly changed out of her pyjamas and into the dress. Tugging the hem down, she stepped towards her mirror so that she could get a good look at herself.

The baby-blue dress she had picked out was one that flattered her figure quite nicely and had puff sleeves and a sweetheart neckline. It ended just above her knees, and there was a drawstring at the middle of the neckline that she quickly tied into a bow.

She had already straightened her slightly wavy hair and had put on some light makeup that, luckily, accented the dress charmingly.

A glance at the clock told her that it was time to go, so with one last final check over her outfit, she grabbed her wand and apparated in front of Cedric's home.

Though this was about the billionth time she's visited, she still felt the need to be courteous, and so she stepped up to the front door and knocked thrice.

Cedric's wide grin greeted her as the door swung open, and he leaned against the doorframe. He was wearing a fitted maroon sweater, along with a pair of jeans, and she could see his wand sticking out from his back pocket.

"You don't need to apparate in front of the house every time, you know, love?" he chuckled. "You can just apparate to my room."

She laughed as he pecked her cheek. "What if you were changing?"

"All the better," he quipped before taking her hand in his. "Let's go to the backyard, I've already prepared everything."

"Oh, have you?" she teased. "A bit excited for the date, Diggory?"

He chuckled as he led her through the kitchen and towards the doors to the backyard. "Considering that I haven't seen my beautiful girlfriend—you look incredible, by the way—in weeks, yes, I am extremely excited."

Liliana felt her cheeks heat up from the compliment that had snuck its way in. "Well, don't ask my mum how excited I've been for this, because the answer is quite embarrassing."

"I ask you to not ask my mum either," he laughed.

He opened the door before pulling her outside, and she felt the warmth of the descending sun rays once more as her sandals met grass.