"This is a literal waste of time.." She mumbled. She had no idea on how this was going to help her recover.

Till she smelled something glorious.

She turned her beard toward the smell and she caught a whiff of something she would've never guessed to see in a farmers market.

Someone was making fresh hot and ready donuts and she ran towards them immediately. She caught a full whiff and let out a sound of pleasure just smelling them.

"You want some? 3 dollars for one pouch!" The guy said with a grin and Onika passed it over immediately in exchange for the dounuts.

They were good—they were soft and glazed. She muffled a thank you as she continued to walk through the market.

She actually found herself not being totally bothered by it—she smelled fresh produce—and got everything on her father's list. They gave out so many free samples that Onika was sure she was fine with food until lunch.

When she was done she walked through the inside store for some of the home items he apparently needed, she walked through the isles taking small bites out one of the free samples she got—a cheese cube on a stick.

As she kept walking she wanted to drop her bags at the sight. She knew they were the boys from her job—the ones that bumped into her—made fun of her rape.

She wanted to run—so bad before they turned and saw her but it was too late.

"Onika? Man I haven't seen you in a few weeks. How was your 4th of july?" He asked snickering as he got closer and Onika backed up.

She didn't want this—she was having an okay day. 

"I mean look I know you're working at that beach club but ever thought of restoring your short lived career as a cam girl?" He asked and his friends started laughing next to him.

"Fuck you." Onika spat weakly. She cursed herself for her voice shaking—she didn't want to show any weakness to these assholes.

She kept backing up till her back hit  someone's chest.

She turned around slightly to see the stone face of her farther, her dad being 6'1 and muscular made the boys back up a bit.

"Is there an issue?" He asked immediately placing himself in-front of Onika.

Onika and Roberts relationship has been rough, with his drug use growing up—she felt like she was witnessing her farther loose himself.

But in this moment—she felt—protected.

"Uh—you know her?" One of the guys asked.

"She's my daughter jackass." He spat and one of them spoke up, "Y-you're her dad? Listen man we didn't—"

"Why the hell are you talking to her—and why do you have those 4 pubic hairs you probably call facial hair on your chin?" He spat and the young man's eyes widened.

"Get the fuck out of here. I rather not beat premature adult's ass in a whole foods." He said and the guys speed walked away.

He huffed before turning towards Onika, she was praying he didn't ask any questions. Did he hear the cam girl comment? She didn't want to explain to him anything—she didn't know if she was ready for that—

"Let's get ice cream."

Onika blinked as her farther began walking to the frozen food isle. "You coming or not wheezy?" He asked and Onika just followed.

Truth was, Robert heard the cam girl comment. He also witnessed how Onika began shaking at it, he didn't like seeing his baby girl so scared. But he also knew she hated talking about her issues.