Chapter 27

"Dekho Ishani..." Holding her by her shoulders, by the busy tar-tracks, Aangre spoke,  ".....Agar koi problem hai toh tum mujhe bata sakti ho. But please, aise stress lekar apni tabiyat mat kharab karo..." he pleaded to his wife in front who had guilt written on her countenance.
The fear that she caged in her heart was affecting the little soul inside her. 
The sudden adrenaline rush thinking that she might loose her sister, thumps her heart hard, making her feel to throw up. 

"Chalo" she whispered, turning around to occupy the passenger seat. 

Hanging his head in defeat, Aangre sighed out before ducking into the car. He put the seatbelt on and asked his wife to do the same. 

After riding for a considerable, more than half of the distance, Aangre stopped the car.  "Utro" he muttered only to receive a frown from Ishani. 

"Ab kaha?" she asked at the strange move, ".....Yeh kar kya raha hai?" screeching under her breath, Ishani hopped out with anger flicking on her nose.  She followed his steps when she found him taking her to their tampered car. 
"Hum phirse ismein kyun jayenge?" She bellowed out unable to grab the reason of his deeds,  "... Iss gaadi ke brakes fail hai na?"

"Lekin abhi Hume isi mein jana hoga" replied Aangre shoving the key in key hole. 

"Main nhi jaungi!!" slapping the glass window, Ishani turned around and leaned against the car,  ".....Ek toh tum mujhe thik se bata nhi rahe ho...." she continued crossing her arms across the chest,  "....Ekbaar uss gaadi se iss gaadi, iss gaadi se uss gaadi. Main nhi jaa rahi" she forwarded her decision.

"Tum patniyon ki problem kya hai?" Aangre grunted at her tantrums, "....Agar pati kuch keh raha hai toh uspe bharosa toh karo. But nhi.. Uski chor ke sabki sunni hai" he shouted out the deep buried words. Though they were not meant for Ishani, as could be speculated, Aangre really seemed frustrated.

"Yeh typical patiyon waale taane mujhe mat maaro. Main koi risk nhi le rahi" Ishani spoke decisively. 

"Vansh bhai ke orders hai....." Aangre kind of declared to which the blue-eyed girl rolled them perfectly, ".....Aur tumhe pta hai tum overrule nhi kar sakti" he added in an obvious tone. 

Giving up on the defeated argument, Ishani occupied the passenger seat,  put the seat belt when the adjacent one got occupied by her husband.

They started in a slow pace, but unusually, the car didn't pick up speed,  but rather remained consistent.

"Itna dheere kyun chala rahe ho??" Ishani again screeched out. Her hormones were not helping her with her mood in any way. Her frustration was beaming on her countenance, "....Oh God!! Issey fast toh main pairon se chal jaungi" throwing up her hands in air, Ishani grunted. 

"....Breaks fail hai Ishani.... " replied Aangre, glancing at her with a smug look on her face. 

"Ahh..." the wheels hit a pebble, when the pregnant lady got jerked forward. "...Aaram se.. " she whispered when she felt a hand on her elevated tummy.  Ishani looked down to see that Aangre's protective hand, from the gears,  moved onto their unborn baby. 

"Sorry.. " Aangre mumbled placing his hand back on the gear. 

"Sambhal ke..." she advised when her cheeks tainted red. 

In the next half an hour,  Ishani and Aangre reached home. They moved into the hall that was full of family members. They were greeted by their most elderly member. Her soft, yet experienced eyes, pulled her grand daughter in a warm hug.