𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐥𝐚 | 𝐘𝐨𝐧 𝐆𝐨𝐧𝐳á𝐥𝐞𝐳 & 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐨 𝐑𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐬

Start from the beginning

I know, because I used to work here.

Back when I was in college things were rough. I managed to score me a full-ride scholarship —which was great, but that scholarship didn't cover my day to day living. I needed money and there weren't any jobs that were hiring so I hit up one of my friends. She was always dripped out in designer clothes and boasted about how well her job paid so I ask her to put in a good word for me.

Two days later I was called in for an interview and in thirty minutes I was hired on the spot. Back then the uniforms weren't too revealing like they were now, but the men were still the same. They treated you like you were an object, and for a lot of them, if you accompany them to an event or give them an exciting night they'll give you money. I learned that my second week of working here and it explained how my friend was able to get all those expensive things.

As you can guess, I quit after I got my first paycheck and looked for another job. I didn't want to stick around long enough to watch myself go crazy over money. My pride is too high and it wasn't worth it.

Grabbing the water off of the tray, Carlos looked me over with those same predatorial eyes and bit his lips.

Oh brother, I think I'm going to barf.

I could feel the ceaser salad I ate earlier rushing back up my throat and I quickly swallowed it down and looked away. If I keep looking at him then I think I really would puke.

"It would be really appreciated if you would stop oogling my assistant and talk about business. We work on a very tight schedule and I have places to be." Kai said sizing Carlos.

The guy could be a real douchbag sometimes but he was there when I need him

"Well umm.." Carlos said running his hands through his greasy hair. "We would like to use your port to bring in some shipments." He said nervously.

I hated men like him. He acted so bold with women but when it came to men he knew he couldn't overpower he acted like a shy schoolgirl.

Prick.

"Whats in the shipment and how much are you trying to pay?" Carlos asked sitting back in his seat.

"Just some contraband and my price is two million." He said.

"Make it five million." Kai said taking a swing of his bourbon.

"Five million? That's way too much." He said unbuttoning his suit jacket.

Finally!

I was scared that it would burst and take out somebody's eye. Again.

I've seen it happen...

"If you're trying to use our port then that means it's a lot of 'contraband'. Which means you'll be making much more than two million by the end sell. Our price is five million and that final." Xavier said as he smoked his cigar.