Namjoon

As soon as I step inside my home, I feel something is off. There's a strange atmosphere surrounding me. "Hoseok?" A little worried when I receive no reply, I take the stairs quickly to the bedroom.
      I feel a little better when I see him sleeping. Dea as well is asleep in her bed. Walking over to my mate, I lean down and kiss his cheek, missing him and feeling guilty for leaving him alone so much. I need to remind him how much he's loved. He's my everything. My eyes stop on the duvet and I pause. Wasn't our sheets blue? Did he change them? Why?
       Frowning, still feeling that strange air, I shake it off and leave him to rest, instead going into my study and sitting behind my desk. My eyes trail over the room with contemplation. Giving up being King would be an entirely selfish move. Especially giving it to Taehyung. He's a menace and would only use the power for his own gains and no one else's good.
      It would be stupid for me to do it...stupid...but perhaps better for my relationship. Sighing, I find myself at a loss at what to do. Hoseok would never tell me what to do. He'd quietly just do whatever I decide and accept it.
      I don't want that, though. Maybe if he could be selfish with me then it would make this decision much easier. He'd never do it, though. I guess it's all on me.
       My mind runs through a marathon of memories. Our first rough meeting and claimings. Our fucking to love making. Our relationship growing into so much more than vampire-hybrid slave. So much more.
       When did we lose that passion and come back to square one? Was it me or was it him? Is there any spark left in this relationship? I love him dearly and I know he loves me but...what else is there now that once was? It's all so...empty now. I'm not sure how to change it. Not with my duties and responsibilities always pulling me away.
      God, no wonder my father turned out to the be ruthless way he was. When all you have is your title...and no time for love or family...what's left?
      I don't want to turn into him, however. I refuse to go down that road. I won't do it. Ever. I'll try harder and focus on my mate and our child. The heir to my thrown. The first ever vampire hybrid ruler—unless, of course, I hand it over to Tae. Still undecided on that front.
Rubbing my temples, I lean back in my seat and try to dispel the growing headache.
My phone goes off in my pocket, making me curse. I quickly turn the loud volume down and growl. "What!" Afraid it's woken the others next door.
There's a pause. "You okay, boss?"
I lighten up the tension in my shoulders at Jackson's cautious tone. "Yeah, sorry. What is it?"
Another long pause. "I have something you might want to see." He clicks his tongue. "You're not going to like it, though."
"What now? Can nothing ever go right?" I gripe, getting up and preparing to leave. Again. Can't have a moment alone in this existence.
"Unfortunately it does seem that way, yeah?" He sighs. "Can you meet me in our office downtown?"
I'm surprised. "We never use the downtown office." It's too...open. Too many humans around for our type of business.
"I know but I feel it's the safest place to discuss this."
My brow furrows. "I'll be there soon." Hanging up, I walk into the room to give Dea and Hoseok one last kiss before leaving them again for important business. I hate every second of it. I feel the gap deepening between us and feel...lost. Unable to fix it.
I'm at the bottom of the stairs when I feel a tug at my suit jacket. Hoseok lingers behind me, looking sad and anxious.
"You just got back. Y-you're leaving already?" There's a catch in his breath. His lips tremble as he wraps his arms around himself.
Sighing, I gently grasp his head and press it against my own. "I'm sorry. Jackson called and told me it was important. I don't want to go but I have to, baby."
"You don't have to. Please. Please just stay here with me, with us? Just for one night. Please?" Tears fill his eyes and I feel like the worst excuse for a mate to ever exist. Even Taehyung hasn't treated Jin this way.
I don't have a choice!
I'm hesitant to reply.
He presses himself into my arms and sobs against my chest. "I c-can't keep doing this. I've tried. I'm trying so hard but it's lonely. I'm so tired of being left abandoned for your duties. Are we really that unimportant to you? The last on you mind? I hate it." He punches me in the chest, his grief breaking. The floodgates cascading away before my eyes.
My own breath catches in my throat and I feel miserable. I'm lonely too. I'm anxious too. But I can't express it as he can.
"Soon, Hobi. Soon. I'm trying to get my priorities in order. Can you wait on me a little longer, my love?" I plead quietly, beseeching.
Sniffling, he tugs his robe tighter around his body. Stiffly. I ache to strip him down and make love to him. To remove all his worries and insecurities.
My phone chimes in a message. Reminding me once more of my lack of choice and freedom. I hate all of this. I really do.
He glares at my pocket. "I don't want to do this anymore. Go ahead. Leave." He wipes his eyes. "But maybe one day you come back...we won't be here waiting for you." He stomps back up the stairs and closes the door firmly. Locking me out.
I stride outside and curse, punching the wall hard and feeling my insides begin to break. I can't do this anymore, either. I can't lose him. Not like this. Not after everything.

I'm still reeling and angry when I meet Jackson inside. He glances behind me before closing and locking the door. Frowning, I watch his strange actions. "What's this about?"
He tosses a large envelop on my desk, nodding towards it. "A gift for you from the psycho."
"Zico? What the hell is this asshole's problem? I thought he was just after fucking with Taehyung?" I rip the package open and spill the contents across the desk. My blood goes cold and still as two things are revealed.
A cell phone with security footage on pause as well as a clothing item. Hoseok's smell permeates the air around me. I lift up the small pair of worn underwear and clench it in my fist. My mind is blank as I press play on the phone and watch a high quality video of Zico scaling the wall to my house and climbing into the window from my bedroom.
After a long time, he climbs out the same window and disappears. Seconds later, a figure appears inside and peers out.
A naked body.
Gritting my teeth, I stare in confused shock as Hoseok closes the window back and disappears into the room. The video goes black.
Jackson eyes me with worry and caution. "It might not be as it appears. You know Zico and his mind games. He probably just snuck in and stole his items and before leaving. Maybe Hoseok just noticed the window open and shut it...back..." He coughs, clearly unconvinced of himself.
Anger and pain like I've never felt courses through me. Worse than that, however, is the betrayal. Is this what he meant about leaving me? He'd rather be with him than me? His fucking mate? He'd fuck around on me like that? With that monster?! Just because I can't so easily throw away my fucking Kingdom?!
I take a seat and look down at Hoseok's underwear in my hand. Glaring, I lift it to my nose and smell. Unsurprised at the mingling of both their scents on it.
Disgusted and enraged, I toss them in the trash and press the bridge of my nose with my fingers. The growing headache never ending. I'm losing my mind.
"Namjoon, you should think this through clearly."
"Would you be able to think as clearly if it were Mark on that camera?" I counter.
He flinches. "So he stole his underwear. He could have mixed his scent right before sending it to you just to piss you off. You know your mate. Hoseok would never do that. He loves you so much. Especially not with Zico." He sighs. "And, honestly, even if he did...there's no real proof of infidelity. Zico can control minds and play games remember? I'm still fucked over it." He reminds me.
He's not wrong. I knew something was strange as soon as I stepped inside my house earlier. Something off. Invaded.
"I don't understand what he has to gain going after my mate? Why not Jin? Why is he targeting me and my family now?"
Jackson gives me a look. "You are King as well as Taehyung's family. He's not going to leave you be. He took Jimin, too. None of us are safe from his crazy antics."
I'm unsure what to do. What direction to take. How to relieve this anger and betrayal. Even if Hoseok didn't cheat on me of his own free will...I can't get over it. The thought of another touching my mate, seeing him, going inside him. No!
I clench my eyes shut and focus on something else. "I think maybe I should have Hoseok and Dea moved into Jin snd Taehyung's place. Sadly it's the safest place." I laugh at the thought. After everything...how did they become everyone else's safe haven? I've truly lost my fucking mind.
He nods. "I think you're right." He pauses. "Have you thought anymore about Taehyung's offer?"
"I'm still considering. There are many more pros for me but cons for everyone else."
He nods slowly, glancing down at the cell phone once more. "Maybe it's okay to be selfish sometimes. Only you know what's most important to you. You should probably decide quickly, though."
I lift the cell phone and after watching the video one last time...crush it in in my hands and release the dust into the trash.
What's most important to me. Really.
I won't become my father.