Young Volcanoes

Young Volcanoes

I had never felt more alone in the world. Fall Out Boy was on hiatus and Spencer was the only real friend that I had left. Luckily, Patrick and Pete didn’t feel the same way. They would always have each other.

One day, Patrick called Pete. “Hey Pete,” he said. “I was wondering if you wanted to see a movie or something.”

“That sounds fun,” Pete said. “I miss seeing you every day Patrick. I know I can still talk to you whenever I want, but it’s not the same.”

“I know,” Patrick said. “I’ve really missed you too.”

That evening, Pete and Patrick met at the movie theater. “What movie should we see?” Patrick asked.

“That zombie movie looks cool,” Pete said.

Patrick shrugged. “It looks okay,” he said.

“Can we please see it?” Pete asked.

“Sure,” Patrick said. “Whatever makes you happy, Pete.”

“You make me happy, Patrick,” Pete said.

Patrick blushed. “Let’s just buy our tickets,” he said.

Pete and Patrick both got in line to buy their tickets and then bought popcorn and snacks. They were still there a little early, so they made fun of the trailers until the movie started, which is usually what I do too.

“Have I mentioned that you look good today?” Patrick said.

“Shh, the movie’s about to start,” Pete said.

Pete obviously enjoyed the movie more than Patrick, but they both had a good time. After the movie, Patrick asked, “What are you going to do now that we’re on hiatus?”

“I have no idea,” Pete said. “What about you?”

“I’m thinking of recording a solo album,” Patrick said.

“You should do that!” Pete exclaimed. “I would totally listen to it.”

“Really? I have some ideas for songs already, but they’re really different from what I’ve done with Fall Out Boy.”

“Patrick, I’d listen to anything you worked on.”

“So if I recorded four minutes and thirty three seconds of silence, you would listen?”