4: Sweet As Sugar

*This part (1/3) belongs to Nezuko*

"Zenitsu-" Even though it wasn't my name being called, I turned my head at the sound of the voice. It was my brother's calling out to hos friend. "Where are you going?" 

"T-the restroom! I never went y-yet," he said. You could tell he was lying and I knew my brother knew, too. 

"Get back here man," Tanjiro told him. Like I said, he knew he was lying and you can't hide those things from my brother. 

I gave a wave to my brother from where I was at. It's nice to see a face that you know around the school. Although, I never knew Tanjiro was so popular. Honestly, it kind of surprised me.

"Oh! Hi Nezuko!" my brother called out to me when he saw me waving to him. "Did you get a cookie?" I nodded in response and showed him the cookies Aoi managed to get the three of us. "That's great, Nez! See you around!" he said before turning around with him and his friends in the opposite direction.

"You ready, Nezuko? Class is gonna be starting soon and it's on the opposite side of the building," Muichiro caught my attention by reminding me.

"Poor babies," Aoi joked. "Imagine having a class on the opposite end of the school." She jumped and wrapped us in her embrace which caused a sigh from Tokito. "Anyways, see ya! I gotta run." 

"Ready?"

I popped the rest of the cookie into my mouth before I responded to him. "Yep."

*This part (2/3) belongs to Zenitsu*

Like an angel...

That's what she seemed like to me. She was definitely an angel! There was no other solution to it! The only problem was-

"Whatcha thinking about, Zen?" Tanjiro suddenly came from behind me wearing a smile. At first glance it would seem like he's happy but knowing him calling me Zen, he knows something is up or he's upset. He rarely gets mad so I doubt that he was calling me Zen because he was angry?

"Crap man! You got to stop sneaking up on me like that," I said annoyed. "Also, you calling me Zen blows your cover," I muttered.

"C'mon I'm just messing with you."

"Oh really? Why call me Zen then?" I asked him. Sure, yeah he scared me at sometimes so I had no idea where this "courage" was coming from.

"I saw you staring at my sister..." he admitted.

"THAT IS WHY YOU CALLED ME ZEN?! THAT'S LIKE-"

"Told you he's overprotective of his younger sister~" 

"YOU TOO MAN! YOU AND TANJIRO ALWAYS SNEAK UP ON ME!!" I shouted as I found Inosuke also right behind me out of nowhere. 

"I'm just too good," Inosuke commented. 

"Whatever," I said. 

"So...." Tanjiro restarted.

"There's nothing to discuss!"

"You sure?"

"Yeah!"

"Then I better not see you asking her out to the school dance in two weeks," Tanjiro told me while pointing up at a poster.

"Dance? Why would-" I stared up at the poster that hung over my head. New School Love. Okay that's gotta be one of the most ridiculous dance names/themes ever. "You think I'm actually going to the school dance? Don't you remember what happened last year?!"

"Who could forget?! You were so pathetic-" Inosuke started before Tanjiro shut him up.

"Yes, I remember what happened that night," he sighed. "Call me crazy but I think you have a better chance at attending the dance than Inosuke has at getting a date."

"WHAT?!"

"Okay, Crazy," I said while patting his right shoulder. "We'll see about that."

". . . but I'm not crazy-"

"Yeah and I'm definitely going to that stupid dance and Inosuke will get a date by tomorrow," I joked. 

"Whatever you two say, I'm not stepping foot in a stupid ass dance with some girl who thinks she's better than me," Inosuke huffed.

The three of us continued to go back and forth until we reached the classroom. Even then Inosuke wouldn't calm down but then again I guess that's just how he always is.

"Hey Kanao!" Tanjiro exclaimed once he saw his girlfriend in the same classroom as he was in. Call that luck or call that a sign because I don't know what else to call that, all four of us in the same room.

"Nezuko is a first year now?! That's amazing!"

"Yeah, it is actually." First he's afraid and giving me warnings about me getting close to his sister and when Kanao says it's amazing he goes along with it?! The heck-

Eh I guess it can't be helped. Plus it's not like I'm immediately in love with her and I'm starting to feel my heart beat faster when I think of Nezuko or anything...

But whenever I think of it I still keep coming back to the theory that I feel like I've done something stupidly simple to upset her. Maybe I'm overthinking it? Probably?

"Good morning everyone. Please go sit down in your seats as we begin the announcements for today and the new school year. Oh yeah, and welcome class 3-B for your final year before graduation."

*3rd person for the rest of this chapter*

The school halls were filled with silence for a while until the next bell rang. Everywhere people's voices filled almost every room in the school and all the halls were crowded. Some talked about their break, others break-ups. Some the dance, others their dates. Some about their anxiety, other's about how they want to "crush" this school year.

All sorts of things started to take place as topics for conversation until you came into the 2nd years. In Class 2-E everyone had a friend or someone to talk to except one person. She laid her head in her arms on her desk and let out a long sigh.

Just like last year, she thought to herself. But what did I expect? Nezuko and Muichiro are first years and Kanao is a 3rd year.

"I can help you, Aoi!" she remembers Kanae telling her.

"I'll be fine," she responded.

"But you just said you were lonely...." Kanae started but Aoi cut her off.

"N-no! It's perfectly great. If they don't think I'm approachable then..." she trailed off before catching a lump in her throat before she was about to cry. "...then they can continue all that damn shit they keep on coming up with! I don't fucking care!"

"Aoi..."

"It's their choice. I can handle it." But no matter how much Aoi tried to hold it in she couldn't and eventually let it out.

Kanae saw her starting to cry and wheeled over in her wheelchair over to Aoi. She wrapped her arms around her which Aoi finally gave in and started sobbing. "Are they still physically hurting you, too?" She nodded against Kanae's shoulder. 

"How about we go to the amusement park?" Kanae offered her. "Would you like Shinobu and Kanao to come too? It might take your mind off of those people." 

"Sure," Aoi replied, trying to offer a genuine smile the best she could.

"I'll go get those two then. I'll meet you outside in a few." Aoi went to go get ready before walking out the door.

Sometimes these memories offered her a bit of comfort even if it wasn't all the time.

I should go visit Kanae in the hospital after school today, Aoi thought. It might be nice to see her and maybe Shinobu will be there too. Then she got her backpack and walked out the door while heading to her next class.

**Only one chapter today since tomorrow's will be sorta a heavy one to bear for some possibly so I wanted to give a cushion to recover in a way**