8: Low Profile

*A/N: a lot went down ;-; that's all I'm saying. From the time I last wrote a chapter to now... yeah
( ;∀;)I'm just glad to be back in the game of writing and now I'll be able to update more often

(even though there's only about 7-9 more chapters left)

anyways, here's chapter 8! **

*Before school started; one week before school began*

"Hey Nezuko? What do you wanna do when you get to school next week?" Tanjiro asked his sister while they were walking down the street to go to Kanao's house.

"Nothing. All I want is a low profile and no one to see it notice me. I don't want to be caught in drama or cause an stir or fight just for the fun of it."

"I see..." he started. "I agree with you on that last part though. I hate it when people do that although that's strange coming from you."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, that was all coming from someone who fights over a piece of bread when there's already two pieces in front of you but you just so happen to want mine," he joked while gently bumping her shoulder. "It's just bread!" They both laughed and snickered amongst each other as they remembered how Nezuko would have always wanted her brother's food rather than her own even though it was the same thing. Siblings.

"C'mon! We're almost to Kanao's house." The two races down the hill to get to their friend's house, Tanjiro winning in the end.

A low profile, she thought in her head as she ran downhill. That's all I want.

**The rest of this chapter belongs to Zenitsu**

None of my friends were at school yet but it was usual. Inosuke comes late or barely making it almost everyday. Tanjiro, on the other hand, will come in with his sister and her friends. That's how it is and since I live on the other side of town, I don't walk with anyone but myself. I wouldn't want to put the burden on any of them either.

I guess I could meet them up but it's such a different route that I would have to take. So that's an instant no. Not even if it was someone I liked that was-

Actually, I take that back. If I was dating someone and they lived far or on a different path, like my friends and I, I would try to make an effort to meet them along someway.

"ZENITSU~" Dammit I really should've met them up along the way.

A voice I knew all too well sung my name [horribly] across the hall. At times like these, this is when my hearing came in handy.

I shot up from where I was sitting under a cherry blossom tree and ran out of the school's campus. It was running the risk that I would have been late or out of breath by the time I caught up, but as long I was away from that "woman" I'd take being severely out of breath any day. Please don't let them be close to campus yet, I said a silent prayer to myself as I ran off.

When you're running away and while looking like you're in a panic it can cause you to get looks shot shot at you from other people. Some may think wild things about you. Is he running from the police? I hear no sirens though. Maybe it's an ex or toxic lover. Or maybe he's running from someone to tried to rob or kill him! Well, at least they got one right.

But I was also running to catch my friends. So ha! You old lady there's something that you didn't catc-

Ow ;-;

I ran right into a telephones pole that stood right in the middle of the sidewalk where I was running. Great! Now I'm gonna have a bruise on my forehead again. Eh whatever...as long as people don't always point it out but I'm sure it won't even be that noticable. It's just a telephone pole after all.

"Yo! Zenitsu!" This time I heard my name, I wasn't gonna run away. Finally!!

"Tanjiro! Nezuko!" I waved one hand frantically towards the other side of the street in hopes that they wouldn't lose sight of me (even though it was near impossible for that to happen). "Hang on, I'll come meet you over there!" This time I actually bothered to check both sides of the road and once I did I ran as quick as lightning.

"Nice to see ya man! I never saw you come this way though. Did you come meet us all the way from your house?" Tanjiro spoke first before I even had the chance to say anything to anyone else. Damn, I should really come and meet them up again. Almost all of them were here! Tanjiro, his girlfriend Kanao, Nezuko, Aoi (he vaguely knew Aoi from knowing Kanao and visiting the Butterfly Estate), and that other first year that they hanged out with.

"Uhh actually," I scratched the back of my head nervously, "I was at school for a while until someone came shouting my name, or, more like singing it in a creepy way."

"Ohhhh....her," Kanao and Tanjiro both said and union. They both knew instantly who I was talking about by just saying that. Even Aoi seemed to have a slight idea by the look on her face. I mean, who wouldn't? It was such a big thing that happened, as big as Kanao and Tanjiro's relationship status!

"Yeah. So, uhh, school?"

"Yeah let's go," said Tanjiro while leading the rest of us to the building that held the person I hated the most in the world.

But as we all walked towards campus I felt such a dark pit in my stomach that said something was gonna happen. And it didn't go away at all.

All day that feeling stayed stuck in my stomach and showed no sign of going away. I knew I wasn't sick, I could tell the difference. But it was such a sickening feeling that it almost felt like I caught a stomach bug it something. I had even refused to eat my lunch and gave it to Inosuke instead.

When I went to the restroom, though, during last block I finally found out the answer to why I had that feeling all day.

Class had just barely let out when I walked back up to my desk and saw a note sitting right on top of it.