We Just Got A Letter...

~Disenchantment. You should watch it. It's on Netflix and the fourth season just came out.

________________________________________________________________________________

Techno slowly walks into the living room through the front door, distracted by a piece of paper in his hand.

Dream looks up from where was laying face down on the couch, adjusting his mask to be back in place, leaving red marks from where it had pressed into his flesh at a skewed placement.

"What's that?" Dream lazily asks, most of his energy being constantly drained by them getting stronger.

"It's from Tubbo and Eret. Apparently they want to arrange a meeting with you as soon as possible regarding that idiot wolf hybrid you told me about." Techno says.

Dream groans, rolling onto his back.

"If you feel like you can go then I can take you on horse back." Techno says, placing the letter on Dream's stomach where the masked individual picks it up and skim reads it. (Fun fact: due to my OCD, I can not skim read.)

"Where?" Toua asks, now suddenly standing behind the couch.

"L'Manburg area." Dream says.

Toua stands there, tail doing a little whip motion before she looks at Techno.

"I mean... I don't want to leave you here alone, not that you couldn't handle it, but I'd rather she- you, stayed with us..." Techno says, trailing off into a questioning voice.

"Yeah. But I don't think they'd want her in the meeting." Dream says, voice void of almost all emotion, dropping the letter on the floor.

"I can see if Phil... no. Not Phil. I can see if..." Techno trails off, thinking.

"What about Tommy and Ranboo? She knows them." Dream offers, draping an arm over his covered eyes.

Toua tail does a more aggressive whip against the back of the couch at the suggestion.

"That's probably our best bet..." Techno says. "We can figure it out when we get there."

"Tomorrow morning?" Dream asks. "Or later tonight? Over night trip?"

"Whatever you're comfortable with." Techno says as Toua walks into the kitchen.

"Over night." Dream says.

"I'll send a letter saying that." Techno says, walking over to the storage room and then down the ladder into the study.

~~~

The world is blurry.

Why is the world blurry?

Why's it so damn dark?

I thought you were on a horse.

Fire?

Heat?

It's Dark.

He's here.

How is he here?

How is he here when you're here?

You're an onlooker.

You're not here.

He's here.

So you can't be.
~*~

Dream wakes with a start before he feels like he's come to a stop. His eyes haven't yet focused when he starts to feel the arm holding him.

The huffing of horses, the sound of breathing near his ear, the slight crunch of ground beneath hoof.

"Dream?" A voice asks from next to him; into the same ear the breathing comes from.

"Mmm?" Dream asks, trying to get his eyes to focus on anything.

"Dream. You fell asleep. We're almost there. Are you okay?" The voice asks again.

Dream continues to let his eyes dart around in an attempt to see.

"Mm-" Dream gets out.

There's silence as the person, to which the voice belongs to, starts to run their hand up and down his arm that he is just now realizing is tense, along with the rest of his body.

He blinks more than a few times before finally seeing, hearing, and knowing what's happening. It happens almost too suddenly as he has to close his eyes at the brightness that meets them.

"What?" Dream asks, now fully there, not really remembering what happened before this moment in time.

"You fell asleep, and then almost fell off the horse when you woke up." Technoblade says, still holding Dream's now less tense body.

"Oh..." Dream trails off, still void of almost all emotion.

"We're almost there, just an hour or less to go." Techno says. "Are you okay to go?"

"Yeah..." Dream says, not really having heard the question. "Yeah- yeah." He says once his brain has caught up.

Techno nods at Toua who was sat on another horse not too far away before the horse he and Techno sat on starts walking, gradually moving towards a run.

~~~

"He's been recking havoc in Charlie's house and there have been many complaints so we figured we should come in contact as soon as possible." Eret says, sitting at a round table with Tubbo and a distant looking masked Dream.

"I payed Charlie a visit the other day and Davin was very vocal about his stay there and how it was, quote, 'shit'." Tubbo says. "I know I don't have as much say in this but-"

"No, no, no, Tubbo. You have plenty of say. His crimes happened on your land giving you equal say in this." Eret says, giving a nod to the younger leader.

Dream sat there, mostly listening, but not really. He hasn't blinked in a few minutes, having been staring at an un-special spot on the table since he was sat down by Techno who was sitting on a couch against the wall closest to Dream.

"Are you sure this is a good time for you, Dream? It's just that... well... I didn't want to catch you at a bad time..." Eret says.

"Y- yeah, yeah. Totally fine. This is good. Good time." Dream says, eyes starting to dart around as his body and head stay absolutely still.

"Okay... well... if you're sure... then... what do you propose?" Eret asks.

"Jail- I mean... I think we should make exceptions in this specific case due to the circumstances and the substantial nature of the crimes." Dream says, sounding almost normal. Still not moving though.

"Sounds good to me." Tubbo says. "If that- you know... is okay and all..."

"I mean... we make the rules. As long as, I guess, majority agrees then... jail it is. Shall we do a trial?" Eret asks.

"Yeah. It's only fair seeing as how this decision has changed so drastically." Dream says, still not moving.

"Sounds good. Tubbo, you can get back to me when you figure out a date for that." Eret says and Dream stops paying attention again.

________________________________________________________________________________

~Dream's dreaming again... anyways... what's up? How are you guys? I'm doing... that- you know... I'm still here. That's an accomplishment. Anywhozle. Seriously. How are you guys. How you all holding up? What's been happening? Anything good? Anything not so good? Tell me. Also I hope you enjoyed :) also I have a new arg story out on here called Sarah is Sad. Feel free to check it out. I will say that it has very dark topics so read at your own risk :)