'SPECIAL'

~progress people. Progress. When you find it tough to do things functioning humans do, don't focus on what you haven't done, focus what you have done. Like I only went to two classes this whole week. And I have 35 classes a week. Progress. It was better than not going at all. Keep your heads up lovlies. I love you and I believe in you <3 TW-> dead animal, animal dissection, blood, organs, and cutting of a finger.

________________________________________________________________________________

Dream wakes up, eyes dry from crying, and clutching the man beside him. It takes a second for his eyes to adjust to the dark room before he looks at the foot of the bed and sees a pair of eyes.

The red one seems to glow while the black one is barely visible. It's quite honestly scary how she just stands there, staring, watching, and... breathing heavily?

Dream moves his mask to the side and gives her a confused look.

"I did something." He hears, almost as if it were whispered directly into his ear. It sends a shiver down his spine but he slowly gets up, trying not to wake Techno or anyone else in the room.

"What did you do?" Dream whisper asks once they're down the hall from the infirmary, Toua leading the way.

"You'll see." She says, voice void of emotion.

Dream continues to follow her, a concerned feeling taking over him as he quickens his pace to match her surprisingly fast pace.

"Oh my god..." Dream says with a gasp before and a sigh afterwards.

"Do you like it? Cause they like it." Toua says, referring to the dissected body of a cat that lays on the dock in front of them.

"I-"

"~Closer~" that same windy voice from when they were hunting the escapees says, cutting off his sentence.

Dream takes an involuntary step closer to the surprisingly bland smelling cat.

"Isn't that like... your cousin?" Dream asks, joking instead of processing because this was something else. The precision, the organized placement of the cats insides.

That's when Dream realizes. It's the same cat from the castle the other day, the one running away from the darkness, only to now return to it... permanently...

Toua hisses at him almost immediately after he'd said the line, causing him to jump slightly.

"Sorry... it's just..."

"~beautiful~" what Dream is assuming is the 'them' Toua was referring to say.

"It's a lot..." Dream says, suddenly really not wanting to be right here anymore.

"~closer~" 'they' say again, causing Dream to take yet another involuntary step.

"What the hell?!" Dream yelps, not liking the feeling of not having control over his body for those short amounts of time. He takes several steps backwards, almost tripping in his haste.

"~come back~" they say, this time sounding like they were right in his ear speaking.

"No." Dream says, grabbing Toua's wrist and pulling her along with him and towards the rental house. "No no no." He says.

~~~

"What the hell was that?" Dream asks after closing the door behind him.

"Them. You know what it was." Toua says, sounding unimpressed with Dream's denial.

"I- it doesn't... tell me more about them." Dream says, sitting on the couch, suddenly feeling a bit dizzy.

"I can't. Not here. I told you that you could go to that place and read about them. It's not safe to talk much about them outside of that place. Especially not what you're wanting to hear." Toua says, leaning against the wall that divides the front door and the dinning room.

Dream groans in frustration, his hands finding their way into his hair. He takes his mask off and holds his head as it starts to hurt.

"It's confusing and new." Dream says, gritting his teeth to try and suppress the pain in his head.

"I know." Toua says. "The thing is, they seem to have taken a liking to you. That doesn't mean they like you, just that they find you to be a good target." She adds, tail wrapping around her leg. "It's my part cat that allows me to be connected to them. I don't know what the heck you're connect to them. That's why I made that offering to them that one day; so I could possibly get answers."

"But- and then I ruined it..." Dream says, headache going away as he feels eyes on him, and they weren't Toua's being as she was focused solely on the floor.

Toua doesn't say anything, just crosses her arms and looks even more at the floor.

"Are there bowls, paper, candles, and knives?" Toua asks.

"I think so. Why?" Dream asks, already knowing the answer.

Toua only looks at him, hardly moving her head, only her eyes.

"Let's go look." Dream says, standing up and first heading to the kitchen.

~~~

"Okay. I don't think there are any candles here. At least I couldn't find any." Dream says, sitting cross legged across from Toua.

They were sat on either side of the bowl in the middle of the living room. The curtains had been pulled shut and the only light was a lamp that sat next to Toua.

"That should be fine. I got this just in case." Toua says, gesturing to the lamp beside her.

"So... how-" Dream starts, but stops when he sees Toua starting to write on the paper. He can't see what she's writing but she writes a few sentences on separate form pieces of paper.

"Just focus completely on yourself. Clear your mind completely and focus only on yourself, and them." Toua says, taking Dream's left hand in hers and lining up the knife with the tip of his pinkie finger.

Dream tenses but Toua doesn't seem to care, slicing deep into his skin and letting the blood drip into the water that she then puts the pieces of paper into.

Toua starts to talk in 'their language', as she called it, under her breath.

Dream focuses on clearing his mind and starts to focus completely on him and them. He doesn't even realize when Toua cuts into her own pinkie, the one that was still healing, right on the same spot as before, and lets that blood drip into the bowl, mixing with Dream's.

It isn't until Dream feels a crushing weight on his upper back and chest that he opens his eyes and sees Toua across from him, the lamp turned off now.

Toua motions for him to close his eyes and he focuses on clearing his mind again.

The pressure stops and he feels a tap on his shoulder. He slowly opens his eyes and sees that the lamp is back on, as well as the overhead light.

He looks at Toua who points at his chest.

Dream looks down and sees that his shirt is covered in blood.

He starts to freak before Toua gently places her hand on his shoulder.

"It's something they've written." Toua says in a barely audible whisper.

Dream slowly pulls his shirt up and looks at the not too deep but not shallow cuts that go across his chest.

'SPECIAL'

________________________________________________________________________________

~I did not expect to be having this kind of lore today... it just kinda happened... anyways... uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... that took a major turn... all I had planned for this chapter was the first sentence... O_o am I right... anywhozle (that's something my friend has been saying frequently and I think it's cute) anyways... hope you enjoyed love you my lovlies :)