"Something... else..."

~HI! I am literally obsessed with formula 1 now... I blame Netflix for making an addicting show about it. I'm not complaining though because it introduced me to something I have fallen in love with but it was just a very sudden thing that happened AND Lando Norris is a literal puppy... anyways... onto the story TW-> dead animal

________________________________________________________________________________

Dream walks quickly to the castle. He'd just received a letter that said Techno was ready for dismissal from the infirmary.

"Don't jump on hi-" Ant starts to say when Dream practically runs into the infirmary but it's too late, Dream had already jumped on Techno who was sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Oh- god..." Techno says, gritting his teeth to deal with the slight pain caused by a grown man crashing into his still recovering body.

"Finally..." Dream says, masked face buried in the hybrid's neck.

"It's only been a few days." Techno says, very aware of all the eyes on them. "We can continue this 'reunion' later, without everyone here." He whispers so only Dream can hear.

"Oh, yeah?" Dream whispers back in a slightly seductive voice.

"Not like that, you idiot." Techno says with a chuckle. "I'm still recovering, you know."

"Right. Excuses, excuses." Dream says.

"Now get off me." Techno says, pushing the masked individual lightly but still causing him to fall off the bed and barely get his feet under himself.

Dream crosses his arms across his chest as Techno stands.

"Let's go, idiot." Techno says, walking out of the infirmary, giving Ant a nod and Phil a glare as Dream follows behind.

Right outside the infirmary doors is Toua, leaning against the wall, staring at the wall on the other side. She looks up and takes a few steps and hugs the older hybrid who, in turn, hugs her back. 

Dream almost squeals at the sight, but keeps himself composed the few seconds the hug lasts.

~~~

"Feels good to be back." Techno says, taking in a deep breath of the cold air. They hadn't yet reached the cabin yet but they had broken the tree line.

"When should we tell him?" Dream asks, very barely speaking, having have, with Toua, fallen back from Techno.

"As soon as possible." Toua says, having to have her voice a small bit louder as Dream didn't have hearing as good as her.

"What?" Techno asks, turning around, having heard her voice but not the words, specifically.

"Uh..." Dream says. "There's something we need to tell you, but maybe it would be better when you've gotten sleep- Once-once we've all gotten sleep." He says.

"You can't tell me you have something to tell me and then say not now." Techno says, continuing to walk once the two catch up.

"It's not safe to talk about it here, and it's a physically exhausting thing to talk about." Toua says.

"Okay..." Techno says, drawing out the word in confusion.

"Is that why I got a headache that one time?" Dream asks.

Toua nods as they walk up the stairs.

There's a silence that's not quite comfortable yet not super awkward as they enter the cabin, there's nothing really out of the ordinary about it, just an almost heavy feeling in the air.

"Ew. What's that smell?" Dream asks, reaching his hand up under his mask to plug his nose.

"That is weird. It smells like..." Techno trails off, hating the fact that his voices were about to go ape shit.

"Blood!!! Hell yeah!!! What a fucking awesome thing to come back to!!! Fuck yes!!!"

"Death." Toua says, not particularly finishing Techno's sentence, but just saying it to say it, not to mention the half smile on her face.

Dream looks at Techno as the cat hybrid walks towards the storage room, the door to which is closed.

She opens said door as the sight causes her to unconsciously lick her teeth, going over one fang in the process. Hanging from the ceiling is a dead polar bear, already partly decomposing.

"Shit." Techno says under his breath, rushing outside and behind the house to where he had previously buried his polar bear. It was clean. No disturbance in the snow or dirt what so ever.

"But that was clearly him. Techno dig and see if he's still there. Yeah, maybe we can get lucky and see two dead animals today. That would be cool. How would someone have dug him up and hanged him without disturbing stuff in the house and this ground here? Stop thinking of technicalities, it's blood we're talking about here. Dig and see if he's still there, Techno." 

Techno listens to his voices and grabs a shovel, telling Dream to come help him, explaining along the way.

"Do you really think that one was him?" Dream asks after they'd been digging for a while.

"I'm sure." Techno says, shovel hitting something hard. He tires to break though a few times but nothing happens. "Let's dig out this top layer there's something hard under it."

After they're done digging out the top layer, they're met with a very tightly packed, very large, rectangle of dirt that was separate from the dirt to the sides of it. They look at each other.

"Could that have... You know... Naturally happened?" Dream asks. 

Techno just shakes his head 'no' and looks back down at the rectangle.

Dream jumps where his elbow is lightly tapped. His fist that swung in the direction is caught quickly by the cat hybrid. "Sorry..." he says.

She lets go of his wrist and says, in a very serious voice, "It's gone."

"What do you mean?" Techno asks, ears twitching as he hears the smallest thump behind him.

"The polar bear. It just... disappeared. I looked away for a second and it was gone." Toua says calmly before pointing past Dream into the hole where the rectangle was replaced with the polar bear.

"What the fuck-" Dream yelps, jumping back slightly. "When did that- how did it-"

"~Something else is here~" They say in Dream's ear.

"It's not them." Dream says. "Something... else..."

________________________________________________________________________________

~I'm not gonna have Ranboo die. I'm gonna have Ranboo die. I'm not gonna have Ranboo die. I'm not gonna have Ranboo die. I need to tell myself that over and over but I still like the idea of such a heart breaking twist. Anyways... I actually started feeling better before noon today so that's fuckin poggers. And I came up with an all new idea for this story, new lore point. Hope you enjoyed because as of right now I'm feeling much better mentally and physically which is poggers as hell, don't stop fighting my lovlies :)