"It was your fault, she got killed because of you!" he took a deep breath.

"Mattia I swear I had nothing to do with it, what happened was a horrible misunderstanding and I'm sorry she had to be mixed up in it. but you have to let kara do the mission. Shit is getting messy."

"no, not after what happened to-...just no."
he closed the door and came back in. you were sitting on the couch but little did he know you were listening in on what was going on.

who was he talking about, who got killed?

"Is everything ok?" you said as he sat down.

"yea," he said going upstairs and you followed.

"who was at the door?"

he didn't answer you, you hated when he did that.

"you're keeping things from me again."

"Sometimes it's better if you don't know everything kara, please just forget I'm not in the mood and I don't wanna talk about it right now." he took his shirt off and looked for a nicer one.

"But, I hate when you keep things from me. we have to have communicati-"

"oh god, don't start that shit right now. don't act as if you communicate with me."

"Why are you being such a di-"

"please don't finish that sentence, it won't end well for you." he looked you in the eyes and you just walked out.

you went downstairs to feed Oliver and called your mom, you two haven't talked in so long so you didn't really have the best bond anymore.

"hey mama, how are you?" you said going into the kitchen and finding some grapes to snack on.

"I'm good honey, it's so good to hear from you. how are you?" she sounded relieved when she heard you.

"I could be doing better." you said honestly.

"how's raven?"

"she's well, she's in school and happy."

"that's good, make sure you tell me some things she wants for her birthday so I can get her some gifts ok love?"

"yes mama, it was nice talking to you, I miss you."

"I miss you more baby, I'll check on you later ok? Don't forget you can always come by and talk."

"ok, bye bye I love you." she said it back and you hung up and just took a deep breath. you really did miss your mom.

you sat on the couch and opened your laptop, looking for hotels and etc for raven's birthday. As you were typing you heard Mattia come downstairs, he was wearing a black and white suit and had his keys in his hand, he looked very nice and professional.

"where are you going?" You asked as he was about to walk out the door.

"I'll be back." was all he said before walking out and closing the door.

what a dick, you thought.

he wasn't telling you things and it made things suspicious.

you just kept looking for nice hotels and flights for next week. After a couple of hours and thousands of dollars you finally found a place.