She can't find out, Part 1

While humming a song, I played with Dylan's hair while he was laying on my lap. Earlier today, he had a bit of a headache, so it's my turn to take care of him. I know headaches are the worst!

"Thank you, princess," he moaned at my touch as he turned on my lap to face me. He was just so handsome, you could stare at him for hours.

I leaned down and gave him multiple kisses on his forehead. "My precious princess," he cooed, leaning forward to me.

Before anything my else can happen, we heard the door knock. Dylan groaned, which made me giggle. He wanted it to be just us today, since I've actually started hanging with Hannah more lately.

"Sorry love, we'll have our alone time soon, let me just see who it is." He again groaned but moved off my lap and I headed towards the door.

I looked through the peephole before opening, and my heart dropped.

It's my mom!

Mom doesn't know about the roommate situation at all, if she does, she'll flip. She'll make a huge scene on campus, and I don't want that at all.

She'll probably kill Alex for doing this switch for Lola, shoot she'll just kill him for giving Lola a chance.

"Darling, are you in there," mom asked, knocking a bit louder.

I mean, I could ignore her, but she also would most likely just stay outside the door the entire day and wait until I return.

I sighed and walked over to Dylan, who had a curious face, probably wondering why I'm not opening the door to my own mother.

"Okay, so she doesn't know you exist and not only that she'll kill the both of us if she finds out you're living here. So, I'm sorry to say this, but you're going to have to hide in the bathroom for a few hours," I explained, and you can tell he didn't like this plan at all.

But did he do it?

Yes

Yes, he did

Once I heard him lock the bathroom door, I walked over and opened the door to my mom. She smiled, "I was wondering where you were, I was just about to call you," mom says walking past me letting herself in.

I knew Dylan was in the bathroom,, but I was still nervous about her finding out.

"So how has college been," she questioned, inspecting the room, trying to find something to say about it.

"It's been perfect, my grades are great as well." She nodded her head, but I couldn't tell whether she was listening or not.

My mom walked over to me and Dylan's bed, and I gulped.

"So tell me about your roommate, I'd love to meet her, see the type of person you're sharing a room with."

"Oh! Her name is... Filina!"

Are you serious? You could have just lied and said it was Hannah, but you picked their name to be Filina? The voice in my head scoffed at the name I've decided to pick, but when you are making stuff up at the last second, the most random things come into your mind.

"Filina...?" My mother questioned making sure she heard that right. I nodded my head and went to speak again before she could tell I was lying.

"Filina is a nice, smart, and sweet girl. We don't really hang out too much, but she is very helpful when helping me with assignments and studying.

"Hmm, I see," she said turning away from me going back to inspecting the room.

"So mom do you want something to drink," I felt really awkward from my mom, but I have to take it because I am the reason she's here.

See the thing is I was supposed to call my mom every single day, but with college & friends that stopped happening. Which of course worried her, I told her I was fine, and I've just gotten busy, but it looks like she didn't listen to what I said.

"I'll have some tea darling, don't put too much sugar like you did last time. I'm surprised I didn't get diabetes," my mother half joked.

"Of course mom." I went and started making her tea, hoping we could just sit on the couch and talk about anything.

"Oh my goodness," I turned around to see what she was holding,, and I was so close to dropping the cup of tea onto the floor.

"Whose Boxers are these?"

Oh my gosh.

"Fiona likes wearing boxers than panties because she says boxers are a lot more comfortable. Especially since she does track," I lied, praying and hoping she would believe me.

"Fiona you say...?" she looked at me raising her eyebrow, you now see where I get it from.

"Mhm!" I nodded my head, turning back and finishing her tea.

"That's funny because I swear you said Filipina," my mom says with a bit of sass in her voice.

"Yes, I mean Filipina!" Gosh, how can I forget the name I legit just made up.

"AH HAH!" I turned to my mom now raising my eyebrow. "Wait what?"

"You never said her name was Filipina not Fiona you said in the beginning her name Filina. Young lady I do not care how old you're getting, that does not give you the right to lie to the person who has raised you. Now you will tell me right now who your roommate is or I will go ballistic," she warned me, glaring at me, letting me know she's fed up with my lies.

I kept thinking of some type of lie I can say in my head, but I realize there is no way I'll be able to make up something else without her finding out.

"Ok mom you win, but please when you find out do not flip or go ballistic."

She didn't say anything, just crossed her arms over her chest.

I walked over to the bathroom door and knocked on the door. "You can come out."

♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️