𝟙𝟟-𝔹𝕣𝕠𝕜𝕖𝕟 ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕞𝕚𝕤𝕖𝕤

I feel a hand rubbing my shoulder, waking me up. My eyes flutter open to see Marshall sitting beside me on the couch. I smile at the sight of him. "Hi," I say in a tired voice. "Hey." He says.

I stretch my body and sit up. His hand pushes my hair beside my ear, clearing my face. I see his eyes widen a bit, then his eyebrows furrow.

"Are you okay?" He says.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"That doesn't hurt?" He asks lightly, rubbing his thumb on my cheek.

"Does what hurt?"

"There's no way to sugarcoat this. You have a giant ass red hand mark on your face."

"What? Where's the bathroom?" I say.

Marshall brings me to a bathroom and I bring myself to the mirror. I see a red hand mark placed upon my cheek. The skin around the mark is flushed and it's obvious it's from a hit. My eyes tear at the sight.

This wasn't Micheal's fault he was drunk, right? I turn and put my head against Marshall's chest. His arms wrap around me.

"You have to get away from him."

"He was drunk, it wasn't his fault."

"It was his fault he got drunk, I'm not letting him hit you. I'll fucking kill him." He says.

"Marshall, stop"

"No, I'm not letting anyone get away with hurting you, especially a drunk."

"It'll be fine. You can't dictate my life." I say leaving his arms.

"I know, I'm just trying to help you with this shit."

"I get it, I get it. But still don't try to tell me what to do. You're not my husband and I'm not your girlfriend. So deal."

"Whatever Cal, I'm sorry I ever fucking cared. Call me when you get to beat the shit out of you."

"Fuck you. Marshall." I said wiping a tear from my cheek.

I walk out of the bathroom and I find Curtis in the kitchen. "Hey, I'm gonna go. Thanks for letting me stay." I tell him.

"No prob, be careful." He offers me a side hug, which I accept.

I leave Curtis' house and drive back home.

When I get there, Micheal's car isn't there. I get out of the car and walk up to the door and unlock it. When I open the door I see the broken glass from my wine glass and a broken lamp on the ground. What the fuck?

I close the door behind me and I pick up the lamp on the floor. I look down at the broken wine glass and I go into the closet to get a broom and dustpan to clean it up. I throw the broken glass into the trash cans and I go upstairs and take a shower.

The warm water hits my face and it stings. "Fuck." I cry to myself. I take a long shower and half of it is sitting on the floor just letting the warm water hit my body.

I get out of the shower and the mirror is fogged from the shower, so I wipe it off with a towel. Before I do I hear the front door open and close.

"Callie?" I hear Micheal yell.

I hurry to put on a t-shirt and underwear, as I hear his footsteps go up the steps.

He walks into the bathroom with a frantic look on his face. I gulp and I feel like I'm scared. I step back when he takes a step forward.

"Are you scared of me?" He asks.

"I don't know," I say.

"I'm so so so sorry Callie. Please forgive me. I didn't mean it." He pleads, taking another step. This time I don't move, I stay still.

"Callie, answer me."

"What? Sorry." I say.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean anything." He says and hugs me.

My arms are to the side of me and I don't hug back. He realizes and steps back. "I understand that you hate me right now...Did I do that?" He says, taking a closer look at my face.

"Yeah," I say, quietly.

"Fuck. I hate myself. How could I do this? I'm so fucking sorry. I will never ever do it again. I promise"

"Like all the other promises you've kept? Like when you promised you would trust me? Or when you promised to make me happy? The promise you made when you said you would be with me, or spend time with me? Because all those promises you have broken, mostly because of your drinking."

"Callie, don't start with this again. I got into a program, AA. I'm trying here."

"You try after the worst? You could have prevented all of this from happening."

"I said I was sorry."

"Sorry doesn't fix everything."

"No, you have to forgive me to fix things."

"There's too much to forgive Micheal. Am I supposed to forgive you for the red handprint on my face? Or all the fucking stress you put me through? I tried Micheal, But I can never please you. You still hate me for the baby thing, If you really want to know. I'm pregnant." I yell.

"I have forgiven you on so many things. Why can't you just do the same...what you're pregnant?" He runs back.

I don't reply.

"How are you pregnant we haven't had sex in months."

"I gotta go to work, I'm late already."

"We are finishing this conversation when you get off." He says as I walk around him into the closet to get dressed.

Once I settle at my office I open my calendar and see that I have that meeting with Paul in an hour. I really hope Marshall isn't with him, everything is crumbling beneath me and I can't lose my job.

Once the hour passes, Paul walks into the conference room. "Sorry Marshall couldn't make it, So I had to bring Dre."

"No problem," I say shaking both of their hands. We sit and our meeting starts

We just talk about certain song samples and go through the ones Marshall can and can't use.

"Alright, thanks again, Callie," Paul says.

"No problem."

After the meeting, I start to eat my lunch and think about what I'm going to do. I told him I'm pregnant and Marshall doesn't even know. And it's clearly his. I haven't slept with my husband in months, only with Marshall.

He's going to kill me, both of them are.