𝟚-ℂ𝕒𝕤𝕖

I can barley keep my eyes open. It's 1 am and I'm still at my office finishing up some paperwork from my last case.

Putting my signature on the last paper I needed to fill out feels receiving.

I cant help but look over and see the folder with "Mathers, Marshall" printed on the top.

Who am I kidding? I need to do this case, it's an amazing opportunity. It would bring in lots of income also. Not that that's my main concern, but it's nice to feel like I don't need to worry about money for a while.

My childhood was never surrounded around money, never had that experience. It's all still new to me, having money to support myself.

Micheal, my husband, he grew up with money. He spoils me, a little too much. Diamond necklaces and earrings on birthdays and such.

When he opens that velvet box with a diamond covered band and big diamond when he asked me to marry him.

He's the love of my life. I couldn't wish for anything more. 

I open the folder and I skim through through the proposal Paul told me to look over. 

This would take a lot of work. Marshall has a charity foundation and his obviously huge music career.

Why wouldn't I take on this challenge?

I decide to shoot Paul an email and ask him to schedule a meeting. I asked for next Tuesday at 1pm.

Hopefully that was a good time for them, I don't expect him to answer back it's late.

I stand up from my chair and stretch, cracking my back. And I start to get my things together.

My heels are killing me and I'm tired as shit. I grab my coat and put it on, pulling my hair out from under it.

I put my purse around my shoulder and right before I go to shut my laptop, I see Paul emailed me back.

Sound great, thanks for the consideration                 for Marshall's case.  Marshall and I will see you Tuesday.

                -Paul Rosenberg

Perfect.

I grab my laptop and purse, and head out the door.

Walking to my car, it starts to lightly snow again.

It's beautiful, I could look at snow all day.

Once I get home I see that Michael's car is in the driveway and the lights are off. He must be sleeping. 

I walk up to our bedroom and he's laying in the bed on his laptop.

"Hey babe, sorry I'm home so late. I had a lot of shit to catch up on,"

"No problem, beautiful, come here." He tells me putting his laptop on the nightstand beside him.

I smirk and kick off my shoes and put my coat on the coat rack.

I walk over to his side of his bed and I lean down to kiss him, but he pulls me in by my waist.

"I missed you," he says in between the kiss.

"I missed you too,"

I straddle on top of him and we start to make out. 

"I'm sorry Mikey, I'm tired."

"Don't be sorry, it's ok." He flashed a small smile.

I get off of him and get ready for bed.

I climb back into the bed and say "You'll never guess who I got a case offer on today."

"Who?" Micheal asks.

"Eminem,"

"No way, I love that man. So are you going to take on the case?" He asks.

"I think I am."

We fall asleep.

I leave for work again in the morning.

"Morning Mrs. Callie." The receptionist says once again.

I smile and say "Morning Janice,"

Back up to the 18th floor, I go back into my office, the routine.

I open my laptop and I see an email from an unknown address. I click on it and it reads:

Hey Callie,  it's Marshall could  I come to your office to speak about you being my new layer and everything? I just had a few questions. And  hopefully that's a yes because I'm already at your building.

Well that's not how I expected my workday to start.

I reply to his email and tell him he could come up.

"Good morning," I say as he walks through the double doors of my office.

"Hey," he says.

He's wearing a black jacket over a white graphic t-shirt, with black joggers and a black cap.

"So I heard we are having a meeting on Tuesday? That's to tell us that your going to be my lawyer right?" He asks, sitting in on of the chairs on the opposite side of my desk.

"Uh maybe, could you not wait?"

"I just wanted to know, I'm an impatient man. Maybe you need some convincing."

"Are you going to throw a tantrum if you don't get your way, Marshall?" I say.

"Possibly, so you my lawyer or not?" He asks again.

"If you must know, I was planning on saying yes to you and Paul's offer." I tell him.

"Nice, now I'll have a hot lawyer. Might have to add that to the song I'm working on." He says.

"Ok then, are we done here?" I ask.

"Maybe you should give me your number so I don't have to email you from fake emails." He says, standing up and pulling his phone from his pocket.

I hesitate but then decide to give him my number. If he's going to be my client he needs to be able to contact me. Right?