Chapter 270

Chapter 270

The man clad in white, the self-proclaimed Imu-sama, flung the dead Monkey D. Dragon's head behind him as it fell towards the sea, thousands of metres below.

Amon's eyes followed the head momentarily before he looked back up.

Imu spoke nonchalantly from his spot. "As you can tell, I am not here to fight you."

Amon didn't give any answer, letting Imu continue. "I want to talk, if you are fine with that. So, where shall we go for a walk?"

Amon observed the man for a moment, before nodding. "I can sense a Sky Island nearby, it seems to be vacant of any inhabitants. Follow me."

Amon made a clone of himself as his real body instantly teleported towards the island, while the clone guided Imu. He didn't want that suspicious-looking dude to be behind his real body's back.

The clone Amon sped up, in the hope to see if Imu could keep up or not, and shockingly, even as Amon went beyond a few thousand miles per second, Imu followed suit quite easily.

Amon couldn't test more than that because by then his clone and Imu had reached the sky island.

It was a children's park, huge in size but everything was broken or destroyed somewhere, it was lacking any lifeforms except some wandering birds.

The clone dissipated into air and Imu dropped in front of Amon who swiftly controlled the clouds with his lightning to form a table and two chairs facing each other.

Amon pointed his hand at a chair and Imu took it gracefully, with him taking one himself.

As Amon sat slowly, he tried to use his «Future Sight» to see what Imu would do if he were to attack right now. However, his future sight... didn't work. To be more precise, it was a blank future filled with darkness.

Imu slowly took off his mask and then his tall crown as a perfectly sculpted face came out from within, his shoulder-length blonde hair swaying in the wind.

"I suppose you know about me already?" He said but continued without Amon confirming. "People used to call me Imu-sama. I am the Owner of the ownerless throne, The King of this kingless world. In other words, I am the ruler of this world, the sole sovereign of this entire planet since 800-years ago."

"I have heard about you." Amon finally spoke. "You are the same person who blew up Skypiea."

Imu chuckled. "Oh, yeah. I apologise about that, but that's the reason why I am sitting here instead of fighting you to begin with, you see?" A second later, he spoke again. "I was really impressed with you surviving that, and even throwing that challenge at me. So, even after I watched you kill all my people, even my five servants, I decided to talk to you about a proposal instead of killing you."

He talked about killing Amon as if it was the easiest thing in the world.

Amon held himself back from a snicker. He was interested in this proposal of his. Would it be the casual villain line, "Become my underling, and you get to live.", or would it be something different? Something special, perhaps?

Amon interlocked his fingers on the table. "Proposal? I can listen to that, but first tell me, how did you come out? I believe you were locked, sealed in your little chamber."

"Oh, you know some deep secrets about me. Was it purely speculation?" He scratched his chin and chuckled before shaking his head. "Anyway, I just had a momentary chance to get out. You see, the Palace I lived in was wrapped from all directions using invisible barriers made from the Barrier-Barrier fruit, which was enhanced with the Haki of legendary 'Joyboy'. Anyone could enter that place, but I couldn't leave it. However," he let the words hang in the air. "Each time an incarnation of Joyboy dies, the barrier weakens a lot, until the 'Will' is passed upon another incarnation."