𝘋𝘖𝘓𝘓.07

"Y/N, who was that cutie?! Is he your secret brother?!"

"I've never ever seen red eyes! Especially it doesn't even exist! But his eyes were so beautiful, his skin is paler than yours, you both don't even look that identical!"

"Oh my god, do you have a picture of his bed hair?! His hair in that picture was so, so cute! How is it big and spiky and sticking out?! Was he cosplaying an anime character?! But his hair looks much more real than those wigs—!"

"Shut. your. damn. mouth!" I paused every word in my increasingly irritated tone, getting bombarded by questions is the most aggravating suffering to ever offer in life. Literally, I was just about to open the door at the entrance.

But they couldn't keep it down and blocked the way to my office, like, fuck! At least have some decency! It's 8 in the morning!

Given Bakugou's regrettable action at midnight by sending the group chat a picture, imagine having to deal with these curious coworkers who would flock to your side for more than two hours until you give up and tell them what they wanted to hear. At least it didn't result in me being fired or worse.

"He's a kid I have to take care of since his parents are going overseas for some time," Their eyes widened curiously at my explanation as I continued the exhausting lie that I've never ever wanted to hit my head against the wall and drop dead. "My mom knows her best friend's neighbor. Yeah. That's about it."

"But how are his eyes red?" A brunette-haired woman nosely interrogated, "I've looked up on the internet, there was no result about that just bloodshot eyes..."

"Look, his eyes are actually brown and look kind of close to red but because of the lightning which made it look redder." I interrupted, coming up with more lies as I stayed calm, explaining as if they were the insane one, "And what's more, it was at the midnight. Lightning messes it up and it's kind of deceiving, y'know?"

The brown-eyed girl next to the brunette-haired coworker then grinned, leaning forward, "Can we meet him?"

I held back a dry-infuriated chuckle before saying a stern refusal, "No. He's shy. He doesn't like meeting new people, he'd get worked up and throw temper tantrums." it wasn't even a lie about his shyness but unsure about the part of him throwing tantrums when meeting new people.

The third coworker tried to convince otherwise, "I've worked with children in his age back then when I was working at a daycare, I also had to deal with kids like him!" The trusting smile began breaking onto her face.

Internally, I was goddamn horrified and getting even more defensive, hiding the panicked tone as I excused, "Look, I don't want him to mope around for a week just because you wanted to meet him." I soon became desperate, sounding scared for the consequences. "He promised me to not do that to him. He doesn't like it."

"Oh..." That same brunette-haired woman cracked up a concerned look, "I see... alright, we should drop it then."

'Yes! As you should've done long ago!' My mind screamed at her as I faked my smile at them in an apologetic manner when I actually wanted to tell them to piss the fuck off of my office.

"Sorry, we just got curious! Because he took us by surprise by how he looked like!" She gave me a warm smile as if justifying her reasoning for invading my moment and being goddamn pushy.

How the hell could they keep those attitudes up just for the sake of meeting that strange boy?! As the one speaking with only secret knowledge, that boy is actually a doll! A weird one who managed to fool others that he's a boy, even me!