𝘋𝘖𝘓𝘓.04

A doorbell was ringing before I looked at the clock, I dashed to the door and opened it to see my best friend, Darnell simpering excitedly at me.

"Nell! How are you doing?!" I exclaimed elastically, I was really happy to see him after a while!

"Hey, Y/N! It's been while, man!" He greeted, beaming widely in return, his brown orbs meeting with mine.

He was tall, golden-brown skin, muscularly wide-framed, a traditional symbol tattooed on his pec was covered by the light blue tank top, his dark brown hair was thickly dreadlocked with some golden and sea blue rings adjusted on them.

His aloha orange shorts matched with his flip-flops, even it was casual, he just looked simply handsome!

Darnell leaned in for a hug as I instantly took it, smelling the marine fragrance coming off of him. "Oh, man! You have no idea how much I've missed you!"

"Likewise!" Darnell chuckled in agreement as he wrapped his arms around me tightly.

Ultimately we detached ourselves, his lips still lifting in joy. "I've brought a gift from my grandparents! You know, how they are..."

I laughed lightly, nodding at his remark. "Yeah! I know! What is it?"

Darnell pulled out a palm-sized koa wood figure and handed it to me while I was in awe. "Woah! It's so beautiful... thank you so much, Nell!"

My old friend smiled, showing his light dimples as he nodded in acknowledgment. "It's alright! I'm glad to know that you like it, I'll call my grandparents to tell them!"

"Nell, this is the 11th time that your grandparents have send gifts to me!" I gave him a look as I grinned, my fingers feeling the rare wood texture. "But the koa woods are the best! They feel so nice and clean..."

Nell shrugged then proceeded to ask about me, "How have you been holding up? Is everything alright?"

I nodded, "Yes! It's all good, my job's doing good."

Suddenly, that doll came to my mind. My eyes widened in horror, 'Dammit, should I tell Darnell about this...? But I don't want to drag him into that mess...'

"You good, Y/N?" Darnell asked, putting his big hand on my shoulder gently with a look of concern.

I perked up to him, snapping out of it. "Yeah! Sorry, I thought of something weird!"

Darnell displayed a relieved expression, taking his hand away from my shoulder. "Okay, Y/N."

Nell gestured to me with a happy look on his facade, "Then, how is your family"

Unexpectedly, there was a tug on my sweatpants, making Darnell slow down his line and fall his brown orbs on the culprit. "doing..."

I instantly noticed, glancing at the culprit and it was that doll...

A small boy with spiky hair in ashe color, grimacing his ruby-red eyes at the taller male as his small hand clutched on my sweatpants.

The confusion washed over my friend's face, "Who's that...?"

I chuckled nervously, throwing a distressed look at Bakugou then at Darnell. "Uh...!"

I came up with an excuse, so I could have more time to decide whether it was a good idea to tell Darnell about that or not. "He is a son of my mom's friend's sister! And I have to babysit him for a week since she has to go on the trip shortly..."

Nell raised his brows, believing in the excuse. "Ooh!"

Although, I felt shitty for lying to my best friend but I had to save my and his ass from the mess!

I couldn't just straight up tell him that I'm taking care of a doll because I'm his "fated owner" for God's know how long will it last!

"Yeah!" I grinned anxiously as I patted on a doll's spiky hair, who was glaring at Darnell, "I believe if it's the best for you to leave, right? We can meet at other time!"

My Hawaiian friend nodded with a smile, making his way back to his car, "Right! Thank you so much for your time, Y/N!"

I waved my arm for him as I beamed, "Thank you, Nell! I'm very thankful for the gift! Don't forget to thank 'em, also greet your parents for me!"

"Will do, Y/N!" The dreadlock-haired friend simpered as he opened the door.

I headed back inside with that doll, closing the door behind us.

I watched the familiar car driving away out of the window, eventually looking back at the boy who was still gripping on my sweatpants and glaring at me.

His ruby orbs pierced through mine, feeling the creepiness building up in the back of my mind. With his stoic expression, fair skin, brows narrowed with his acute eyes aspect, his scarlet eyes bored through my soul.

Something about the tension was frightening.

"What the hell, calm down... do you need some milk?" I stroked his hair with a tone of annoyance, he didn't reply.

"Apples...?" I queried, he didn't answer either.

I ran out of ideas about what he might want to do, I rubbed my chin in thought. "What do you want... then?"

The boy extended his arms out to me, indicating he wanted a hug.

I took a deep breath, nodding. "Alright."

I picked him up and let him snuggle in my neck and clutch his small arms around me in a rather clingy way, as I assumed.

"Mine."