𝟑𝟓 | 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐬𝐧𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡.

Bắt đầu từ đầu

But does that make it any better?

You understood Eren's motives, and you empathized with him and everyone else in Paradis. This situation was clearly a case of someone being backed into a corner, and being forced to attack. And that, Eren did. But you also sympathized with all the Eldians out there who were just like you, who didn't see Paradis as an enemy or as devils, who were simply putting on a mask of hate to survive. And then there was all the children who were going to die too, for hate they weren't even apart of.

In a way, you couldn't help but feel like this was your fault. You were the one to get Eren to Paths by touching him. You were beating up your old comrades to help Eren, all for him to do a switch-up on both you and Zeke. He didn't agree with neither of your plans. It didn't matter who got Eren to Paths, you were both just going to be used for his own selfish plan.

And Zeke didn't have as much control over the situation as he thought he did either. Literally as soon as you were kicked out, Eren took on the form of the Founding Titan and delivered his message. So maybe your royal blood really was useless in regards to him.

For a moment, you thought to yourself, Was Reiner and the others right? Should we have just killed Eren to keep him away from Paths?

Was I fighting on the wrong side?

You were at a crossroad yet again.

The abrupt sound of a boom, a lot closer than the sounds the Wall Titans were making, suddenly sounded out to your ears. All of you tensed up, eyes wildly searching your surroundings to catch the source of the harsh noises.

"What was that?!" Connie exclaimed.

"Titans!" Jean answered with panicked eyes, pointing out in another direction.

A horde of Pure Titans were in the distance, slamming their fat fists down into the roofs of homes in an effort to catch the remaining soldiers still flying around by their gear. It seemed they finally ran out of Marleyan dining and was moving on to a different cuisine; the Scouts.

"But why? If Eren has the Founding, couldn't he just stop them from eating people?" Armin wondered aloud.

"I don't know if he can, but it's obvious he didn't do that, so we need to go!" Jean frantically advised, holding Falco to his chest in a better grip as he got ready to leap from the roof.

"Wait," You stopped him, "I'll take Falco. He's better off with me in my Titan." You suggested, holding out your arms for the boy. You felt personally responsible for him, considering you're the only real guardian he has with him at the moment.

"It's fine. I can hold him." Jean rushed out, brown eyes darting from you to Connie, and back.

Your brows creased at this notion, but Mikasa beat you to the punch with her own question.

"Jean, what are you going to do with that child?" She asked, not in an accusatory tone, but genuinely curious as to why he wouldn't give Falco up.

"Well, this boy inherited the Jaw Titan.. So, I was thinking..." Jean paused with a parted mouth, like there were words on the tip of his tongue that he was too afraid to speak. He eyed you for a little before heaving a sigh as he turned back to Mikasa, "I was thinking that we could feed him to someone who's become a Titan.. We could use this boy to save someone. Like Commander Pyxis."

"No." Connie cut in suddenly with downcast eyes, "We could.. We could use him to save my mom."

You couldn't believe the words that just fell out of their mouths. You stared at both of them with wide eyes of disbelief, jaw slack in shock. Even Armin and Mikasa seemed a little taken aback.