Chapter 1

It was Thursday night,the day before meeting Dimitri's whole family. I had to look elegant. I had gone shopping with Viktoria, Dimitri's sister , to buy some clothes and dresses but I hadn't found anything so i was getting really stressed.

"Why are you so worried Roza?" Dimitri said.
"I'm meeting you're whole family Comrade!, wouldn't you be worried if you were meeting my whole family?" I told him.
"No because there would be nothing to worry about, anyway we are meeting my mother's side only and what I told them about you and the fact that I was 7 years older, they didn't mind! So stop worrying and come over here!"

We were staying at Olena's house in Russia, Dimitri's mother. She made me feel like she was my second mother because she was so caring and loving. Me and Dimitri were staying in his old room. Everytime I walked in their I could smell aftershave and men perfume.

Dimitri told me to lay near him on his bed. I layed down and snuggled up with him while he put his arms around me and kissed my forehead.I yawned in a couple of minutes.

"Are you tired ?" Dimitri asked.
"No I'm not tired but I would like to rest a bit." I told him.

It was midnight and I had dozed off to sleep.When I was sleeping I had a really bad dream about the late Queen Tatiana talking to me saying that she will seek revenge for what I did to Adrian. I woke up panting and gasping for air. I felt my stomach twirl and ran to the bathroom because I felt like I was going to throw up. I did. I heard some footsteps behind me when I was throwing up. It was Karolina. Dimitri's older sister. She picked my hair up and was patting my back and telling me I was going to be okay.

"Thanks Karolina" I said when I was done.
"Don't worry Rose,why not you wash you're mouth and rest while I'll get you some water and tablets for your stomach ache." She said.

I nodded and went near Dimitri again.This time he was awake.
"Rose what's wrong? I heard you throwing up but I didnt want to disturb you."

"It's okay Dimitri,I just had a bad dream and didn't feel right."
After that I got back into bed and after a few minutes Karolina came in with a glass of water with 2 tablets and a wet cloth for my forehead .

After a few more minutes I managed to get some sleep. I felt safe now that Dimitri was snuggling me into his chest. I couldn't feel any happier right now
"Goodnight my Roza, I love you."
"I love you too my Comrade."

I woke up at 10:00 AM. I smelt bacon and immediately jumped out of bed. I felt dizzy at first but then I felt fine. I opened the door and ran down stairs like a child on Christmas morning. I was so hungry! I saw Olena cooking and Dimitri helping her while Sonja and Viktoria were helping setting up the table and Karolina was taking a quick shower. When Dimitri saw me he came near me and gave me a morning kiss.
"Goodmorning Beautiful." He told me.
"Goodmorning my handsome man." I said.

After 25 minutes we were at the table,eating. The food was amazing. On my plate I had 3 sausages, 2 pieces of bacon, some baked beans, scrambled eggs and toast. This morning was perfect. After we were done I had done all of the washing up. I had insisted on doing it because Olena was doing so much for me .

Karolina helped wipe the plates and that and put them away.
"Are you feeling any better Rose?"
"I feel way better than last night,but I felt kind of dizzy when I got out of bed this morning, I'll be fine though for tonight."
"What are you going to wear tonight anyway?"
"I don't know,I'm really worried though"
"Come in my room and I'll let you borrow something of mine."

We went into her room, there was her two children playing , Paul and Zoya. They looked adorable!
She opened her wardrobe and handed me out this black body-tight dress, it was to the knees, and it looked elegant!
"So what do you think?" After I put it on, I hadn't felt this pretty before.

"I...I love it." I told her.
"What about you're hair? How about we leave it down and curl it a bit more?"
"Sure! Can I have a quick shower first?"
"Of course Rose! You don't have to ask!"

I went in the shower at 15:00 and came out at 15:30, we were leaving at 18:00 before it could get any darker outside,so we wouldn't have to reach any Strigoi. Everyone was doing there makeup except Dimitri obviously. When I got out of the shower, Karolina started to do my hair , when it was done it was beautiful! I then started my makeup.

I did some foundation then powdered my face, I then did black liquid eyeliner and mascara,red lips and I did some baby pink blush. I then got dressed and put on black heels I had bought from going shopping with Viktoria.

I was in Dimitri's room when he walked. He looked so smart wearing a black tux with a dark blue tie and a dark grey shirt. His hair was put in a low ponytail with some hair coming out from the sides.

"You look... Gorgeous." He told me and he could see the big smile on my face.
"Well... You look handsome." That certainly put a smile on his face.

I went in front of him and kissed him. He kissed me back.
It was 17:45 and our taxi came. Everyone looked elegant and beautiful. Especially the kids! When we got in the taxi, Dimitri held my hand and told me not to worry about anything.

We got to the restaurant at 18:20, our reservation time was 18:30 so we got there in time. I ordered some water and a large bowl of spaghetti cause I was really hungry! After we ordered some dessert. I ordered a piece of chocolate cake.

Everyone was laughing and I don't really know why I was so worried cause really Dimitri's family is so nice! They accepted our love for me being 22 and Dimitri being 28. They were just happy that Dimitri was in love. After a few minutes Dimitri talked to me.

"Roza, may I ask you a question?."
"Of course you can Comrade!."
He got down on one knee. My heart skipped a few beats.

"Roza I love you so much, I'm shocked. When we had training back at St.Vladimir's you always looked beautiful. It was so hard to hide my feelings for you. Everyday when I saw that smile or heard that laugh of yours my heart stopped and my mind kept on telling me you're the one and to tell you how I feel but I couldn't because I thought it would be wrong telling my student that. So... Roza will you marry me?

Everyone in the restaurant was staring and smiling and I had this huge smile on my face. Dimitri's family were smiling aswell I could tell that they already knew about this.
"Yes Dimitri, Yes !."
I kissed him but then I felt dizzy and thats when I fainted.