Two towers standing tall

The room was quiet. Both of the men had never talked to each other before and didn't really want to either. Jimin starred at the bars above his bed, under the top bunk.

"Your gonna lose" he said and jungkook raised his eyebrows. He turned his head looking at jimin from the other side of the room.

"Maybe" he shrugged pushed the hair out of his face.

Jimin didn't like that answer. "Why do you want to win? Why are you here?"

Jungkook smiled as he began speaking "family problems. My brother. He's sick. I was gonna use it on his treatment if he's still alive by the time the games are over and done with" he explained casually. "You?"

Jimin sighed. Why was he here? Why did he want the money? To spend on alcohol? To gamble? Of corse he didn't want to say that so instead he said "I have a daughter and we need a place to live" which seemed like a good enough reason.

How the hell was jimin supposed to take care of a kid? When he can't even take care of himself or hold a job? If he win the money he might never need a job, but what if he lost? The little girl would be waiting for her mother to come home to her with a stack of cash in her hand, instead it would have to be jimin, and if not jimin, no one.

Jungkook hummed. "You have a kid?" Jimin nodded. "How old?"

"8 or 9" he said and jungkook cocked a brow.

"8 or 9? You don't know?" Jimin shook his head and looked over at the other boy.

"Nah I knocked up a chick when I was young. The mothers gone now so I gotta step in" and jungkook laughed. Jimin wasn't expecting a laugh.

"Who's the mother? Yeji?"

Jimin stared at him. "Yes" he said. Jungkook stayed quiet. He was only joking about the yeji part. But it was actually true.

The boys didn't talk much after that. The lights went out and they went to sleep. Waiting for morning to arrive.

When it did, jimin popped right up. He waited very nervously and impatiently until the game started. Both boys walked side by side into the last room they would be in in this place.

"This game is called two towers. You will be placed on these towers, one foot on it and will balance. The first to fall gets eliminated and the last one standing wins the prize money."

The towers were high up in the air like the par core equipment. If you fell you were dead. 2 elevator like things brought them up to the towers. Jimin started at the metal, testing it with his finger. It wasn't hot or anything it was just metal.

Jimin looked across the room at jungkook.

"Ready players? On the count of 3 you will step onto the towers. 3. 2. 1. Go!"

The two men carefully put one foot on the towers and both did different things with the other foot. Jungkook let it hang down to the side, jimin wrapped his around his ankle. He had his arms held out for balance. He noticed there was no timer. It was just who fell first.

The men stared each other down from across the room. Determined.

This was not good. A few times jimin wobbled a little bit but steadied himself just in time, his hands became sweaty and his foot hurt from putting all his weight on it. Jungkook looked un-phased, but he couldn't not be at least a little worried right?

Jimin kept his mind on what he wanted. The money and everything he could do with the money. He gave himself a pep talk every 2 minutes just to keep motivated.

He didn't know what did it but he felt extremely depressed. The thought of how he was gonna lose this kept crossing his mind and he couldn't help but want to give up.

3 hours pass.

Jimin had thought a lot over with himself in the time span and he came to decision.

Winning the money would be great, getting out of that place would be great, but going out into the world again, he dreaded.

Yeji was gone. Dead. Body somewhere he didn't know of. Winning and going home meant he had to tell his kid where his mother was, also her parents where she was a what had happened. He has to take care of a child that doesn't even realize he's not there. Never questions why every other kid has a dad and she doesn't. He has to raise that kid. That child will have to live with an alcoholic father, who can't drive, can't hold a job, doesn't know how to handle kids, and doesn't even understand the concept of saving money. Winning, he would have more money that he knew what to do with. Also just going to pick up his daughter from her grandparents house scared him. Facing Yeji's mom and dad. The last time he saw them, they were yelling at him about how he was lucky they wouldn't press charges for 'tricking and abusing his power on a child'. Would they even give him the kid? Would they let him take her home with him?

Now he wished he had gotten yeji's words in writing or something because there was no way they'd give the kid to jimin.

Jimins might have been crying. He didn't know because he was sweating so much he wouldn't be able to tell the difference between tears and that.

Jimin felt an itch on nose, he slowly and carefully brought one hand up to his face and scratched it. Christ was jungkook ever gonna fall? That's exactly what jungkook was thinking about jimin.

4 hours. 4 hours they had been standing on those towers. Neither one of them falling yet.

Jimin did something jungkook never had expected. He breathed slowly and slowly brought his body to a tilt. He sobbed before letting himself fall to the side, finally giving up on everything, even life. To jimin it felt like he was falling for a long time, to jungkook it seemed more quick and like a plop in water.

Jungkook looked down at his body. "Oh" he said and shrugged. He got off the tower and went into the office room.

A check on the table and a woman sitting in the chair. "Gave up easy didn't he?" She asked and he nodded.

He grabbed the check and kissed her. "Thanks" he said heading towards the door. "We'll talk sometime yeah?" Jungkook asked and the woman smiled.

"Sure thing" she said and he waved at her. And that was the end of the games. Game over jimin. Game over yeji, game over 381 other people. Jungkook had one.