29

After talking, the tension between the two had eased and felt as if they returned to before the wedding happened.

Of course, Eldest Young Master Jeon still had a cold face, making the situation no different.

That night, Junghwan never returned, leaving the villa as quiet as still water.

As usual, Lisa picked out a set of clothes for Jungkook and ran a bath for him. However, she did not speak a word to him from beginning to end.

Jungkook noticed her shift in character but didn't apologize to express his remorse. Instead, he became even more silent than before.

After bathing, he resumed his habit of sitting on the sofa and facing the French windows.

Lisa came out of the bathroom to see his desolate figure. She walked subconsciously forward and stopped when she remembered that she was still angry at him. Instead, she headed straight to bed.

Did you think that I would forgive you so easily? In your dreams!

Lisa secretly cursed him as she laid down in bed, but she was still inexplicably irritated. After tossing and turning for a while, she still couldn't sleep.

After some time, there was finally some movement from the other side, and a familiar scent came nearer.

Lisa awkwardly wiggled to the side of the bed to make space for him while still having her back faced away from him.

Jungkook paused when he heard her moving before closing his eyes.

That night, Lisa didn't sleep well. When she woke up the next morning, there were bags under her eyes.

After eating breakfast, she didn't go anywhere. Yawning, she went to play games on her phone on their sofa in their bedroom.

Jungkook went to the study, so she was alone in the room.

Suddenly a voice message popped up on her screen. She squinted and tapped it.

Jennie's excited voice sounded, "Lili! You've made it!"

Lisa was startled out of her drowsy state. She pressed the microphone icon and brought the phone closer to her. "What do you mean?"

Jennie: "Haven't you checked the internet? The song you recorded for "Pharmacy" is in the top five for this week's music chart!"

In the time that Lisa had taken to accompany Jungkook to the treatment institute, the anime "Pharmacy" aired, and its public reception was quite good. Coupled with the promotions that Brilliant Dream's public relations team aired, the popularity of all the posts about the anime soared, which brought the theme song that Lisa recorded with it.

Not only that, Brilliant Dreams seemed to have especially publicized her. Her follower count on Weibo had increased exponentially recently, surpassing all the other characters and posts.

She casually clicked on her profile to be instantly blown away by the sheer number of confession and fawning posts she was tagged in.

Lisa slowly typed out her reply: [Oh, it seems there's not a lot of competition in the music charts this week.]

Jennie: [...]

Jennie: [Speaking of which, where have you been for the past two months? It's like you vanished into thin air–no Weibo posts, no texts, no hanging out or anything.]

Lisa: [Didn't I tell you that I was taking care of my husband?]

Jennie: [Your husband is still sick? What is he sick with, and why hasn't he been healed yet?]