14

The next day, Lisa awoke in Jungkook's embrace.

The man's scent was refreshing like the warm spring sun, giving her a reassuring feeling. She opened her eyes and stared at him dazedly but weakly closed her eyes once again.

Her mind was muddled as she subconsciously used him as a body pillow, rubbing against him occasionally.

Jungkook was "awoken" by her in this way.

In the next second, her arm was mercilessly removed.

Lisa was now completely awake. After experiencing this before, she no longer rolled to the other side of the bed after falling asleep. She sat up calmly.

He was her husband anyway; it wasn't illegal to hug her husband.

"Morning." She felt around for the remote control on the nightstand and opened the French window curtains.

The morning sun seeped into the room, bright and crisp.

Lisa stretched and faced the sun rays. Her fair skin was bathed in the light, giving off a translucent glow. Thinking of her newly constructed plan, she suggested to Jungkook, "The weather is so nice today; how about we go sit in the garden for a bit? I'll read to you."

As always, Jungkook didn't give much of a reaction. He fumbled his way out of bed and went to the bathroom.

Lisa didn't expect to succeed in one try, so she got out of bed to get dressed.

The two woke up relatively late today. After eating breakfast, it was already nearing noon.

Lisa took out her notes from last night. Just as she was about to implement step one in her plan, Grandfather Jeon suddenly fell ill.

At this age, the elderly were extremely prone to illnesses. The housekeeper hurriedly called the private doctor over, and Lisa busily followed them. It was only until late afternoon that she could finally take a minute to breathe.

Who would have thought that just as she sat down, Namjoon would call to notify her that the schedule for "Pharmacist" had accelerated? This meant that they needed to have a meeting to determine all the tasks and procedures.

Lisa, dazed, had no choice but to put aside Jungkook's affairs for now and hurry to the studio.

The others had arrived earlier than her and started experimenting with their dubbing voices. She was the protagonist, so there was no need to test her voice. However, she was still required to attend the meeting.

There were too many things to handle, and the meeting lasted late into the night.

During the break, everyone circled around to eat their takeout. They entertained themselves with fervent gossip. Lisa observed the scene and felt that it was somewhat surreal. On one hand, she lived a luxurious life in a rich and powerful family, but on the other hand, she lived a normal life working overtime. The contrast was too large.

"Boss, didn't you say that Brilliant Dreams backed out and never finished discussing the contract? Why did they agree to it again?" someone suddenly asked.

"It's definitely because our boss is so powerful!" someone else immediately followed with a flattering compliment.

Namjoon didn't speak and merely shot a complicated glance at Lisa.

"How come I heard that it was because of Lili jiejie?" a young lady from the PR team spoke up.

Hearing her name suddenly being mentioned, Lisa subconsciously looked over to Jennie.