9

Jungkook had no response to the phrase, "fair like jade."

Lisa glanced at his contorted expression and once again sat down next to him, saying, "Am I not heating milk for you to be able to sleep earlier? Did you think that I'm trying to put on a play in the middle of the night?" She lowered her voice and said with a hint of complaint, "Taking my good intentions with no appreciation..."

After probably thinking about how it was the first night of their marriage, Jungkook said after a moment of silence, "You go to sleep; don't worry about me."

Lisa didn't move. She rolled her eyes and replied, "I just woke up from a nightmare and still am a little scared. I don't want to sleep alone."

Jungkook had already lost any trust in her and subconsciously thought that she was telling another lie. He looked up and asked, "How'd you sleep in the past then?"

Lisa stated firmly, "I don't normally have nightmares! I also don't know what's going on today. Maybe... maybe it was because you made me mad?"

Jungkook, "...."

"Moreover, the past is in the past. I wasn't married before, and now I am. Don't tell me that as my husband, you don't even have the slightest bit of concern for me? "

......

Marriage, husband... she adopted the role pretty quickly.

Jungkook sneered.

After speaking, Lisa suddenly sneezed.

Although it was already nearing April, the weather at night was still chilly, not to mention that she was only wearing a nightgown.

Hearing that sneeze, Jungkook finally stood up and returned the glass of milk to her.

Lisa grinned and took the cup. She did a fist pump behind his back.

There was no man who she couldn't win against!

Lisa put the cup away and washed her hands again. She climbed back onto the bed and lay by Jungkook's side.

Jungkook was a little tired after experiencing such a scene with her. Lisa, on the other hand, couldn't sleep at all. She tossed and turned, but no matter how much she adjusted her position, it wasn't comfortable.

Hearing the sounds of a body shuffling beside him, Jungkook turned his head. "Still scared?"

He paused. "If you're scared, turn on the light."

Lisa just happened to have turned to face him. Even though she couldn't see his expression in the dark, his voice was gentle and steady.

Lisa stared blankly. If he hadn't experienced that accident, then he would have probably been very gentle.

Lisa turned on the bedside light. The muted yellow light illuminated the room and settled on the man's face, outlining his silhouette.

Thinking of the nightmare she had previously, she carefully shifted to his side. She looked at the side of his face through the mist, her expression gradually becoming strange.

She extended her arm, and her fair fingertips rested above his eyebrows for a moment, seemingly wanting to touch him. In the end, she took her arm back.

She silently mouthed the words "good night" before slowly closing her eyes.

The sounds of the spring rain continued to pitter-patter outside the window. The raindrops washed the branches and leaves before softly dripping down.

—-

On the morning of the second day, Lisa was woken up by an alarm clock.

Jungkook's eyes made it hard for him to distinguish between day and night, so he used an alarm clock as a reminder.