3

After they finished discussing the wedding, Junghwan sent Lisa and Daesung out. After they left, he turned around and looked at his son who didn't have an ounce of joy on his face. He couldn't help but inwardly sigh.

"Guk, this marriage... are you not willing?"

Upon hearing this, Jungkook stopped in his steps just as he was about to go back upstairs.

Junghwan sighed. "Guk, with your current condition, you should have someone by your side to take care of you. You don't want to hire a caregiver, either. Although the background of the Kim family's daughter is a bit lesser, she doesn't seem too bad. She's well-educated and mild-tempered; she should know how to take care of others."

Remembering how she had boasted about herself in his room just earlier, Jungkook stayed silent.

"But, if you're not satisfied with her, then tell me as soon as possible. I'll help you look for someone else; don't wait until everything has already been prepared, or else we'll lose face."

"There's nothing not to be satisfied with––"

Jungkook interrupted Junghwan, changing the subject, "Has the discussion about the partnership with the Kim family been settled yet?"

Junghwan paused before saying, "I gave the task to Tae; I'll have him update you on the progress and how to proceed in a few days."

Jungkook stood for a while, his gaze dropping slightly. Slowly, he turned and went upstairs.

"If he can do it himself, then there's no need to ask me."

——

"Lili, what do you want to eat tonight?"

After leaving the Jeon family, the weight on Daesung's shoulders lifted. A smile graced his middle-aged face, and it looked like he had just negotiated a very successful business deal.

Lisa sneered and rummaged through her purse to find her phone, too lazy to even lift her gaze. "Anything."

Daesung: "....."

Lisa took her phone out and was about to unlock it when a call came in.

It was her boss from the dubbing studio, Namjoon.

"Hey, Lili, are you free tonight?"

Lisa asked, "Do you need something?"

Namjoon said, "Recently, isn't our studio in the midst of talking to Brilliant Dreams Culture about the animation "Pharmacist"? The person in charge there, President Lu, said that he wanted to meet you first and have a face-to-face meeting."

Lisa, confused, asked, "Aren't we just supposed to schedule a time and then go record a sample? How is it that I now need to have a meal with him first?"

Namjoon was put in a difficult position. These types of business meetings were indeed not a part of Lisa's responsibilities; she was only responsible for the dubbing. However, this time it was the client that wanted to meet her, and there was nothing Namjoon could do about it.

"President Lu said the amount they're investing into this anime isn't small and that it is a key project for their company so their standards are relatively high. Hence, their requirements for the female lead voice actress are very strict as well..." Namjoon paused. "It's just a meal, and I'll be accompanying you. If the project discussion goes well, it'll also be beneficial for your career."

"Pharmacist" was an extremely popular big IP (Intellectual Property), and the original work already had a large fanbase. The animation production team was also among the best in the industry, making this opportunity indeed quite alluring...