Perfect Peace (3)

Start from the beginning

N- Avni, I don't want to be a problem for you! I mean, your landlord might have an issue with that!

A- Its not like that. Moreover, I own the flat, so it won't be an issue, you can stay for a while. 

N(smiles)- Alright then! Thanks!  

A- Who is being formal now? -she asked sarcastically making him laugh. 

Getting into the apartment, first thing Avni did was to lay Seher on the bed, covering her with the blanket properly while Neil just looked around the house. It was not a very lavish apartment but it was cozy & much to his liking, the interior of the house had a vintage aesthetic for which Neil's love knew no bounds. 

Strolling around the house without a care in the world, he accidently stumbled upon the doormat of Avni's bedroom & in a reflex, he shrieked. In an instant, Avni was beside him, looking at him with a confused frown on her face while he was trying to stable himself with the support of the rack that was placed there. 

A- What happened? 

N- No-nothing! Just...uh...I thought to work out a little....the dinner was heavy, no! -he flashed a sheepish smile while she shook her head in amusement. 

A- Coffee? 

N- Um, sure! 

With that, Avni moved into the kitchen while Neil followed her like a lost puppy, lovesick puppy actually! 

N- You have a nice house! Warm & fuzzy! -he smiled as he complimented her. 

She didn't say anything, just smiled looking at him as her focus was on beating the coffee mix. 

A- So, how does it feel to be a celebrity, Neil? Hero wali feeling aati hogi na? -she joked while handing the cup of coffee to him. 

N(chuckles)- No yeah! Main koi hero thodi hun! I am just a player who represents his nation. -he said being humble. 

A- Exactly! You're right! Pta nhi kyu log tumhe hero ki tarah treat krte hain! -she sipped her coffee while trying to hide her smile. 

N- Huh? -that's all what he could utter. It was the first time that some girl had no interest in the fact that he was celebrity. Nhi, matlab...I do look like  a hero! I mean...I am handsome, you know! Not my words, I get that a lot from girls, boys too! Haan...matlab hero na sahi, hero jaisa toh ho hun hi!  -he explained & Avni couldn't stop herself from laughing out loud. What? Why would you laugh at that? I am serious! - he defended.

A- You're not a day older than Seher! -she said while he just gave her a poker face.

___________________________ 

A week had passed since Avni had dinner with Neil, & the last  week had been quite hectic for her at work. She had to leave Seher with her mother, Neela during the day & would only get to see her in the evening, once work was over. 

She now knew Neil's routine. He would start working out & practicing his game sharp at 5 in the morning & he along with the team practiced till 5 in the evening with breaks in between, of course. It had become a routine to drink her evening coffee with Neil at around 5:30 in the evening as it was the time he would finally be free from practice & she also took a quick twenty minutes break at that time. 

Sometimes they talked, sometimes they video called Seher & sometimes they just sat with each other in companionable silence. Avni liked his company, those were the only twenty minutes during her whole day at work that she looked forward to. He made her laugh with his silly jokes & would then astonish her right in the next moment with his deep understanding of things. She liked the way he looked at things with such simplicity & sheer innocence.