Beorn

One of the eagles grabs Thorin and we all fly away. "Thorin!" I hear Fili yell, "he's fine Fili." I say to him. "How would you know?" Kili says, I smile "cause he hasn't said his words yet, he is alive." It is true, just before we left Rivendell I grabbed his arm to quickly predict some words for him.

We approach a massive rock structure in the shap of a bear, it is the Carrock, the eagles drop us of there and the eagle carrying Thorin puts him down gently. We all run to him "Thorin! Thorin." Gandalf says, we are all a bit worried, I mean yes he is alive, but is he hurt? "The halfling?" I hear Thorin say, Gandalf smiles "it's all right, bilbo is here. He is quite safe." Dwalin and Kili help Thorin up, once he is up he approached Bilbo.

"You! What were you doing? You nearly got yourself killed! Did I not say that you would be a burden? That you would not survive in the wild and that you had no place amongst us." Everyone looked arround in shock. "Thori-" I try to say but he cuts me of "I've never been so wrong in my life!" He says and he embraces Bilbo, the dwarves start to cheer and I just smile at the two. Then Thorin starts coughing heavily. "Water.." he says. Everyone then realises that there is no water anymore. I quickly make some water out of my palm, "open your mouth." I say and Thorin does as I say. I get the water into his mouth gently and then fill the water sacks of the others. They then started talking again.

I do not listen to the rest, my focus is on the mountain I see in the distance. Thorin sees my staring and follows my gaze, he strides forward and stands next to me. "Is that what I think it is?" Bilbo says. At this point everyone is looking. "Erebor- The Lonely Mountain. The last of the great dwarf kingdoms of Middle-earth." Gandalf says. "Our home." I hear Thorin almost whisper.

We where waiting for Bilbo, who was looking how far away the orcs where. He comes down, "how close was the pack?" Dwalin asks, "to close. A couple of leagues, no more, but that is not the worst of it" "did the wargs picked up our scent?" Dwalin asks immediately after "Did they see you? They saw you!" Gandalf says. "No that's not it." Gandalf smiles and turns to us "what did I tell you? Quiet as a mouse. Excelant Burglar material." Everyone starts cheering and Bilbo tries to speak to them but no one listens.

"Hey everyone shut it will you!" I say almost yell. They all look at me. "If you would just listen I think Bilbo has something important to say." he nods and looks at me with a thankful look in his eyes and then he speaks "I'm trying to tell you there is something else out there." Bilbo says. "What form did it take?" Gandalf asks "like a bear?" I ask immediately after. "Yeah, but bigger, much bigger," Bofur looks at me and Gandalf. "You knew about this beast?" Gandalf walks a few steps away and the rest is trying to figure out what to do.

Then Gandalf speaks again "there is a house, it's not far from here, where we might take refuge." Thorin frowns "whose house? Are they friend or foe?" I want to answer but Gandalf is first "neither. He will help us, or he will kill us." Then I speak. "He is a friend not a foe, although he does not really like dwarves." Thorin does not seem convinced "what choice do we have?" There is a loud roar from afar. "None!" Gandalf and I say at the same time and everyone starts running.

"Bombur come on!" Bofur yells, Bombur was standing still in shock but started running after he heard his name. While running I also heard something else. Suddenly Bombur outruns everyone and runs front. I am still wondering what the other sound is, it sounded like horse hooves. And I was right when I turned my head I saw Alshifa running towards me. When she was next to me I jumped onto her back to run to the doors fast so that I could open them and the dwarves could run in quickly.

I open the doors and all dwarves run in. And of course Bilbo and Gandalf also run in. I get inside and we all push the door closed. "Come on lads!" I hear Dwalin yell. "What is that?" Ori asks out of breath. "That... is our host." The dwarves and Bilbo look at Gandalf in shock. "His name is Beorn, and he is a skin-changer." I say to them. Gandalf looks at me "you know him." I smile at him "you don't?" I ask and then walk away with Alshifa.

"Oh my girl I am so happy that you are okay, I told you to go home!" She looks at me confused. That's weird, normally it seems like she understands me, now it looks like she has no idea what I was talking about.

The next day, Beorn comes back, in human form this time and he starts chopping wood. Gandalf tells everyone the plan and is about to walk out but I stop him. "I will go first." He looks at me and frowns "I do not think that is a good idea lady Y/N." I smile at him "it will be alright." And with that I walk outside.

"Hey Beorn." He turns arround "Y/N? Since when are you here?" I smile "I came here tonight, had to run for my life to get here." He looks at me with a bit of a guilty face "I'm sorry, you know I didn't mean it." I grin "i know, I am not mad." I then look behind me and speak again. "Only I am not alone." Then Gandalf and Bilbo walk towards us, Beorn looks a bit skeptical. "And who are they? Is that dwarf?!" I chuckle "no he is not a dwarf, he is a hobbit." He smiles a bit "well that is alright I guess. They are the only ones, right?" I look a bit guilty "well not really." And one to one all the dwarves appear. And Bearn seems kinda angry. "Dwarves!" I calm him down "okay calm down, I know you don't like them, but they are nice and they are my friends."

After a while it worked and Beorn let the dwarves stay. While they were inside eating, I was outside with Alshifa. I was sitting in a field with Dandelions staring at the stars, never knew I could miss someone this much. I hadn't seen Legolas in months and of course I got that letter and wrote him back but I still miss him. In all the emotion I start singing very softly to myself.

Cause I'm in a field of Dandelions

Wishing on every one that you'd be mine, mine

And I see forever in your eyes

I feel okay when I see you smile, smile

Wishing on dandelions all of the time

Praying to god that one day you'd be mine

Wishing on dandelions all of the time, all of the time

I think that you are the one for me

Cause it gets so hard to breathe

When you're looking at me

I've never felt so alive and free

When you're looking at me

I've never felt so happy

And I've heard a love that comes once in a lifetime

And I'm pretty sure that yo-

I suddenly hear noice behind me and I see Fili, Kili and Thorin behind me. "Why did you stop?" Kili asks "yeah keep singing, you are really good." Fili says. I smile "you scared me that's all. "So? who was the song about?" Thorin asks me. I blush and stand up. "Uh well my fiancé of course, I mean I haven't seen him in months." They all smile and then Fili and Kili say goodbye and walk away.

"So can we already know who the lady Y/N is marrying?" Thorin asks me. I chuckle "not yet, I think I can say it when we take over then mountain." His smile fades "if we even take the mountain." He says and I frown "of course we will succeed, don't be such a mood killer" he smiles and stands next to me "I want to thank you for helping us so much with our quest it means a lot."

"No problem, I have fun and I made great friends." I say and he looks at me. "I wanted to ask you something... how comes you are willing to help us, I mean we are dwarves and you helped us a lot even escape from your home, I mean.. I have nothing against it, but.. why?" I smile and then answer "well I mean, it would of been stupid if I said no, everyone deserves a safe home to live in and I never really hated dwarves or something, before I met you, I never really even talked to a dwarf so why would I judge someone I don't even know?" He looks at me "you have a kind soul Y/N, me and my kin are very happy you are here, have a good night." And with that he walks away.

1560 words

You maybe already guessed it but in the next part we will see our dear Legolas