Her eyes roamed every face there, she didn't remember any of them. But even so, she had to act normal. Her hair was different but they could never forget those silver eyes and that face. With so many eyes on her, Rae grew insecure as her hands were bandaged, she was embarrassed to be seen. Yet, no one spoke or made any sound. Until a very tall guy with blond hair slicked back almost broke the chair he was sitting on when he stood up. Rae kept herself calm when he's walking towards her, staring at the face that didn't show any subtle emotion but that distinct lightning bolt shaped scar on his right eye caught her eyes.

He went to hug her.

Rae had been hugged like this before, but never this silent. There was something so warm, something that felt right. Her small figure sagged, her muscles became loose. Something about him reminded her of a childhood sweetheart, in that embrace, she sensed her worries loose their keen sting and it was amazing how her optimism suddenly increased. Maybe the hope to be accepted by them had been there all along. But without her opening her heart to let people in, it won't happen. She heard his heavy breaths and felt his hand brush her hair gently. That was unexpected from a big guy like him.

"Welcome home, Rae."

Just one sentence alone had the power to break her. She was caught off guard at first but soon, tears began to fill her eyes and her body trembled in his hold. She was broken, shattered and ground into the earth by the ones who claimed to be her family, but in a good way. She just didn't think she was that important to them. Her trust issues were eating her alive—everything they ever did, she strongly believed it was all for the Rae King they grew up with but with one embrace from him, she felt like she could trust them. Everyone there could hear her heartbreaking cries.

Why did she choose to leave them? Why did the Rae King choose to abandon there family? Rae had so many questions about her past decisions. She never found the answers. She didn't understand how could she play them like that. It was simply wrong. Everyone was suffering because of her choice. Her sob was a prove that she had begun to love them and at that moment, she knew she would do anything to protect her family and be with them but why did she once choose to leave. It was contradicting, unless her past self had something else planned. But that didn't matter anymore. She's starting a new life.

Her body was racked with guilt.

"I'm home." Rae moved her hands to hug him back, only to be crying harder when he pulled her even closer, her face pressed against his chest after her reply. She didn't know his name, but she clearly knew she's someone really important to him. At that exact moment, everyone in the guild joined their own world—they cried for her, adding guilt to her heart. Why did she hurt them? Rae held herself back from telling the truth, she's not going to trouble them with her problem anymore. It was enough that they suffered from her 'death'.

Laxus bit his lower lip, trying to hold back his crying. It was an unusual sight for sure. But, he knew it's futile in the end, he stiffled a laugh and Rae joined him too. Those two laughed at each other, despite still having their arms around each other. Laxus touched her hair. "You cut your hair?" Rae put her hand on his, saying lots of things happened and she did have a change of heart to cut her hair. It was convenient in fight as well. He only laughed even more, couldn't help but agree with her. But his eyes were focused on her bandaged hands and he could feel her losing weight, as if she was starved.

But before he could say anything about that, Rae squeezed his hand, saying she was doing fine. She even asked him if she still looked beautiful with her new haircut, fiddling her fingers with an unsure smile. To be honest, this new haircut made her look slightly mature, that's a given since she's in her twenties now. But one now could see the resemblance between those Heartfilia siblings. She was wearing a simple white dress with ruffles around her wrists to look more feminine, she borrowed it from Lucy.