Perfect Peace (2)

Start from the beginning

Ali- That girl....in the theatre, was it Miss. Mehta? -he asked cautiously. 

N- No!- he answered almost in an instant, as if he knew what his next question would be!

Ali- For how long do you think I've known you, Neil? You think I'll buy that? Its very clear that it was her & you're clearly into her! 

N- Its nothing like that, Ali. Main tujhse jhoot kyu bolunga, yaar! - he averted eye contact.

Ali(sighs)- Pta nahi! -& there was a long silence that followed. 

While Neil was figuring out how to feel about all this, Ali was contemplating how to cheer his friend up!

Ali- Neil, she is single! -he said slowly, making Neil surprised.

N(shocked)- What? -he turned towards him, now sitting straight. 

Ali- She is a single mother. Her marriage...it didn't work out, her husband was abusive & one day, Avni caught him cheating upon her, so she just divorced him. She came to Mumbai when Seher, her daughter was one month old. Neil, she is a very nice woman, independent, empathetic & mature! Look, I won't stop you from pursuing her, cause she is one in a million & the people that she came across just didn't know her worth. But, being your friend, I'll definitely ask you to be careful about it. She is not alone, she has a kid too! -he told him everything, slowly & softly, understanding the gravity of the situation.

Neil didn't say anything for as long as ten minutes. Neither did Ali, as he knew that Neil needed time to think through it. 

N- Tujhe pta hai tu aur main bestfriends kyu hain? -he asked making Ali confused. Kyuki, you understand me even when I don't want to be understood!   

Ali- Thoda jyada filmy nhi hogya? -he said, making Neil laugh!

Once the laughter died down, it was silent again. 

N- Ali, I know that if ever it happens, it won't be an easy one, but its worth a try. I'll try my best to make it work out, of course if she wants it too! -he said with determination evident in his voice while Ali gave him an encouraging smile, knowing that it was going to be the start of a beautiful relationship.   

__________________________________

Next Day:

Neil was coming out of the players' sauna when he heard someone talking on phone, a familiar voice. 

N- Is it Avni? -he thought. 

A(on call)- Mumma, I'll be home by evening. Please take care of her till then. I need to shop for the fabric for the outfits today, its urgent. She must be crying as we got her the vaccine last day. And, please give her that syrup if she gets a fever. Okay, bye!

Disconnecting the call, she sat on the bench there. Just looking at her Neil knew that she must be blaming herself for what was happening around. And, for some reason, he didn't want her to feel that way. 

A- I must be the worst mother alive, who leaves her baby behind even when she might get a fever! -he heard her say under her breathe, disappointment audible in her voice.  

Quickly getting out of the sauna, he rushed up to Ali's cabin. 

N- Ali, can we get the fabric delivered to the designers from the suppliers directly? 

Ali- But Miss Sinha said that she'll pick it up herself. Why are you asking? Is there a problem? 

N- Seher is ill & Avni can't get to her as she has to shop for the fabric! 

Ali- Ah...I doubt, if we can get it supplied directly. But, if get the list & specifications of the fabrics that need to be bought, we'll buy it ourselves & get it supplied to their office. What do you say? 

N- I think that would be cool! 

Ali- Alright, I'll ask my PA to get the specifications from Miss Mehta. She might buy the fabrics along with her help over a phone call.

N- Okay! 

________________________________

Avni got home as soon as Ali's PA let her know that they wanted to get the fabric on their own. Initially, Avni wasn't convinced at the proposal, but after talking to Ali she got to know that the Football Team had a sponsor in the form of a fabric company & that was the reason that they wanted the fabric from them only. Taking it as a help from the universe, she accepted it & went back home to her little bundle of joy. 

Thankfully, Seher hadn't got a fever & the pain due to the vaccine subsided soon. She was now back to her chirpy self. 

It was evening now, Avni had finished all her home chores & had even assisted Ali's PA over the call for buying the fabric, now all she needed to do was to make  a final inspection before starting to work on the outfits. But, that was a work to be done the next day. So the evening could be used as a date with her daughter. Sighing in relief, she got dressed, after dressing Seher up. The mom & daughter duo went to the nearby mall where Seher enjoyed herself in the game-zone while Avni enjoyed watching her. 

After sometime, they went to the nearby restaurant to have dinner. It was a small & cozy place, & didn't attract much customers in winters but Avni liked it because of its subtle ambience. Ordering the food, she was playing with Seher when someone came up to them. 

__________________________