Chapter 17 - Monogatari

2nd person's POV

"It was a story of just one
Then suddenly you appeared
I met you at the turn of a page
The spread stole my heart"

You closed your eyes, gripping the microphone. Wearing the dress designed by Doffy himself, you swayed along the music, singing. The ceremony continues, you waited patiently.

"It was then a story of two
Suddenly each day was special
My heart throbbed after every page
With a bookmark, I had to pause"

Hertha waved at you, beside her is Baby 5, waving cheerfully. Laffitte tipped his hat, giving a small nod. You bow slightly before turning away, walking in slow steps towards Shakky.

"Continuing even when we couldn't meet
How is this story going to end?"

She winked before laughing silently, playing the piano. Rayleigh stood beside her, waiting with a huge smile on his face.

"I was in love, but I couldn't say it
There were nights I couldn't confess
Holding hands, running through pages
Reading it over again, it was brilliant"

The signature car arrived, your heart skipping a beat upon seeing the man that has been showering you with love since he met you. Kid and Killer behind him, each holding a small cushion in hand. Both- no, all three are dressed handsomely.

"Just meeting you made my eyes water
There were nights it overflowed
Spinning words, defying destiny
I finally met you and the story began"

Especially the tallest guy in the middle. He grinned upon making eye contact with you, shading your cheeks with pale red. Making his way towards you, his grin only grow bigger.

"Kissing while saying goodbye
There were nights I couldn't leave
I don't need a postscript
In this long, long story"

Your eyes widened upon realizing he's wearing the suit you designed the first day meeting his family.

"I was in love, but I couldn't say it
There were nights I couldn't confess
Holding hands, running through pages
Reading it over again, it was brilliant"

Standing in front of you, he took the rings from Kid and Killer. He grabbed your right hand and placed the ring on your finger. You return the favor and tried to do your best despite holding the mic and singing.

"Just meeting you made my eyes water
I was so in love it could overflow
I know that no matter how it ends
I met you and that's all that matters"

You handed the mic to Rosinante, thanking him and focused on the guy in front of you.

"Why, aren't you a gorgeous singing in front of this crowd, hm?"

"I should ask the same to you, handsome."

Rayleigh and Shakky walked over to you both, both smiling proudly.

"I know he can take care of you, dear." she hugged you tightly.

Letting you go, you turned back to Doffy whom Rayleigh had a talk with. His grin never fading, he bowed and held out a hand for you to take.

"I'm looking forward for the dance, my queen." he looked up slightly at you. "Bowing for too long is tiring, love."

"Hmph, you always have to ruin the mood. Plus, how can I say no to my king?" you smirked and take his hand.

He gave you a few twirls and dived in for a kiss.

"Hm. Mine. Forever." he mumbles against the kiss.

"Doffy! Y/n! Strike a pose!" you looked to the side and see Rosinante holding a camera.

Hearing what his brother said, Doffy hold you by your waist and bent both of you, making you hang your head as he placed his lips on your neck.

Snap!

"Great pose, Doffy!" Rosi said as Doffy pulled you back up and give you another twirl, making your heart leap.

Your back against his chest as his arm are snaked around your waist. He kept a poker face as he lowered his head slightly on your shoulder and you tilted your head to the side as if glancing at him, also keeping a poker face, striking another pose.

Snap!

Rosi gave a thumbs up and straightened himself, looking at the camera with satisfaction.

Doffy continued the dance, his face back to his usual grin.

Before it turned it a soft smile, gazing at you.

"Thanks, Doffy." you smiled. "To dance with you, it only feels so natural."

"Really?"

"I don't know how to dance, honestly." you giggled.

"And you're doing great." he smirked. "I'm the best, of course."

You laughed at his remark, slapping his chest jokingly.

"That hurts. How are you treating it now?" he suddenly pouted, making your mouth drop and you both stopped dancing. "Hm?" he looked at you, still pouting.

"You- you're pouting!" you laughed

Snap!

"Great job, Y/n! I've never seen him pout like that before!" Rosi joined you laughing.

All of you made your way towards the newlyweds table, in the centre of the garden. Doffy sat beside you and pulled you onto his lap, giving you a kiss on your temple. You turned your head and cupped his cheek, giving him a french kiss. You looked at Rosinante, who is looking for Law.

"Hey, Law!" you noticed the kid starts to walk over to Rosi, also in a suit.

"Y/n-san, look at what I discovered!" Law said, his grey eyes turning gold. "Room." he said and a blue dome appeared surrounding us.

"Shambles." he said and the food on the table switched places.

"You discovered your power! Great job!"

"Baby 5 did too, but.." he looked behind and the said person came running, her hand a bat.

"Y/n-san! My power is found, I can change myself into weapons!" you widened your eyes and exhanged look with Doffy.

"Maybe that kid can become a police. Or a soldier." Doffy whispered into your ear. You nodded in agreement.

"Oh, boy, welcome to the family, Y/n." Giolla came from the guests' tables, grinning.

"Thanks, Giolla-san."

"Y/n."

"Yeah, Doffy?"

"Call me something else. Give me a nickname."

"Um.. Yes,... love?" your heart raced as you called him love.

"Better. Now, I was about to ask you. How is the dress?"

"I love it, it's so pretty and.. Perfect!" you sling your arms around his neck, giving a brief hug before withdrawing, but your arms stay to balance yourself sitting on his lap.

"Fufufufu.. I know."

"Then- why did you ask-"

"To make sure that I'm right."

"Doffy!" this time, you pouted at him.

"Yes, love?" he leaned in closer.

"Tsk. I hate you."

"Hate you too." he pecked your lips. A song starts playing and he snatched the mic you were using earlier. You recognized the song, it's one of his, Shinjidai no Saga. He got up, tugging you along with a huge grin on his face. "But I know it's my ego that makes you fall for me."

"Seriously, Doffy!"

█ █ █ Into the Freedom █ █ █
█ █ █ -End. █ █ █

(Word count: 1150)