17. Arranged Marriages

Arranged Marriage (internet definition): An arranged marriage can be understood as a system according to which the parents or eldest male members of two families proceed through various stages of negotiations and eventually arrange the marriage of the girl and the boy from their respective families. The defining aspect of an arranged marriage is that it is accepted by the spouses as a practical partnership rather than a match based purely on romantic love. In this sense of the term, arranged marriages were practiced in most parts of the world in the past. However with the rise of individualism and a weakening of traditional communities, the practice fell out of favor in Western and other developed societies. However even today arranged marriages are common in countries which largely follow a traditional social model.

Now, lets say this man is homosexual (gay) and is in love with this other man (who is also gay), and they have been dating secretly. And then all of the sudden poof they get put into an arranged marriage and now they can't be together. Isn't that fucked up? Like seriously, or even if you didn't want to get married in your lifetime. In different cultures and countries you have to get an arranged marriage. Why? Cause that's a common followed thing in those different places. I for one do not believe that this practice shouldn't be followed anymore. I would much rather want to be with someone I cared for and loved dearly then have to be with someone I barely knew for a week. And that's another thing, some people will have only met for a week before getting married. Uh what? I disagree with this. A lot. You should at least have some time to get to know the human being before you commit your life to that person. But this is only my opinion. Some people like the idea, of not having to deal with all the stress that is usually put into a loved relationship. I very much don't like this one bit. But for years its always happening in places like India. And I'm not trying to rule out the religion, and for anyone who feels disrespectful of my opinion. I am sorry, but I just don't agree with an arranged marriage.

So um yeah..

Love you all,

~Jaz💙💫