I hate houses

The rain was heavy on me. I wasn't sure where I had wandered to. All I knew was that I had no where to go.

Wind blew me from the right to the left. I almost flew with it. As I flew to the right I saw a house. A huge house. Almost at the ending of this abandoned-looking town.

"Oh dios mío," I muttered.

This was not the activity for a man who had just recently turned thirty, I know I know. Wandering around in the rain wasn't a good look. But how I got there wasn't important. What was important was that I got shelter.

I went up to the stairs of the house and knocked. A few seconds passed and no one answered. I furrowed my eyebrows and knocked even harder.

The steps faltered a bit and I almost fell backwards.

"Damn house," I whispered and it .. reacted?

The house doors flew open and knocked me off my feet, and the stairs flattened. Making it impossible to get up there.

I glared at the house. A sentient house, great. As if my night couldn't get worse! I had to deal with this abandoned house that was haunted or something to that nature.

I stood from the mud and wiped most of it off. It was almost attached to my hair and I groaned. If this house was abandoned there would definitely be no running water or candles.

"Um house?" I shouted and the doors shook slightly, "Yeah, hi, I'm sorry I offended you. Can I come in?" I flashed a quick smile and the house's stairs turned back to normal.

I walked up one stair and the doors slammed shut in front of me. I stared at the door blankly for about a minute and the rain seemingly got harder.

I muttered a string of obscenities and sat down against the side of the house. Thankfully there were some shingles covering an inch of my body.

My arms held my knees close to my chest and I rocked back and forth.

If it wasn't raining I wouldn't be so helpless. If it wasn't raining I could start a fire.

The rest of the night was a haze and I drifted into an uncomfortable sleep.