🌙8🌙

Haechan decided to walk with Daehi and Yeonbyul back to the orphanage.
"So, how did you meet Yeonbyul?" Haechan asked.
"Before she was born, I was friends with her parents, aka my neighbors. I was either there after school or Soojun was home. They took care of me when Soojun or my parents couldn't. Of course we didn't know about what they did at work either. But as time went on they told me that they were expecting a little girl, Yeonbyul. A little after she was born, I'd babysit her while they went to work and one day her mother came up to me, asking if I could watch her for the weekend. Obviously I didn't decline. They were going on a weekend getaway together. They didn't come back. Instead, they had sent a paper to the local orphanage, they wanted her to go there until I am eighteen, which is one month before her fourth birthday. Of course I was, and still am, okay with this and how excited I am for it to happen. It's why Soojun is looking for a house for me and her." Daehi explained as they arrived at the orphanage.
"Damn."
"Well, I love you Byul. I'll see you tomorrow." Daehi said as she gave the little girl a hug.
"Bye Momma Dae! And bye uncle Hyuck." Yeonbyul said as she walked inside.

"I can call for our driver if you want?" Haechan offered.
"I'm good unless you don't like walking. I like it, love it even. It's almost therapeutic." Daehi laughed.
"We can walk." Haechan agreed.

"I've been a bitch, haven't I. You know, to you and your friends." Daehi asked.
"People think you were, but Soojun said that you don't want to mess up pur reputation or cause problems woth having you stay with us." Haechan said.
"That and I don't want anything to happen to where I lose my chance of adopting Yeonbyul." Daehi said.
"It makes sense. But being a bitch probably isn't good for your reputation." Haechan laughed.
"Do I look like I care for my reputation until it comes to the orphanage? Besides, they understand as well. I've only been doing this for years." Daehi laughed.
"It'd be great if I had the time to go to college. But I'm going to be really busy here soon." Haechan said.
"It'd add a lot of stress and you guys, especially you and Mark, are already overworked as it is." Daehi said.
"Well, I love what I do. Even if I end up exhausted, I'll get up and do it again."
"Do you ever worry that you were too young when you debuted?"
"Sometimes. I mean, I was still immature, a child." Haechan said.
"If you could go back in time, would you tell your younger self to wait?" Daehi asked.
"No, I may be overworked, but I have an entire future ahead of me still that will only be possible because of what I'm doing now. Think of it like this, if you went back and told yourself not to take care of Yeonbyul that weekend, what would you be doing right now?" Haechan said.
"I don't know." Daehi answered before they fell into silence as they finished the walk to the dorm.

"Daehi, where were you? You're never this late." Soojun said as she walked through the door.
"Well, because of this idiot, I lost sight of Byul. He helped me find her and then we went to Nahoon's and then walked her back to the orphanage and then walked back." Daehi said as Haechan walked in.
"What did he do to make you lose sight of Yeonbyul?" Soojun asked.
"He followed us and I didn't know it was him so I went to confront him and told Byul to stay at the swing, which she didn't. So we spent a bit trying to find her. She was stuck in a  bush. She had some scraps so we took her to Nahoon, and then we had some food before walking her back to the orphanage and thrn walking back here."
"Well, Haechan wore his mask so you should be good this time. And thank you Daehi for being civil." Soojun said.
"Will someone enlighten us on who Yeonbyul is? And ehy the hell Haechan was following Daehi?" Yaeyong asked.
"Yeonbyul is going to be my adopted daughter in about theee months. Which is why we are trying to find me a house for the two of us." Daehi explained quickly.
"I followed her because I was curious about why she always left school early." Haechan said bluntly.
"Haechan, why didn't you just ask her?"
"I didn't think she'd tell me. She didn't tell us the frist time."
"Eould you like to talk about taking care of a child in the middle of the cafeteria when you have loud friends? Sounds like a fun scandal." Daehi said sarcastically.
"Okay, I get your point."
"It's late. Did Nahoon actually give you food or did he just give mmilkshakes?" Soojun asked.
"Milkshakes." The two answered.
"Go have some leftovers." Soojun said, waving the two off to the kitchen.