Chapter 11

LILIA'S POV

I stood in front of the two graves, rain pouring down on me heavily. The rain drops softly hitting my back as if it were trying to comfort me.

I knew something was going to happen... but I didn't do anything.

What could I do? I don't know anything about my clan or it's history and I'm just a kid.

And this isn't over. Whatever... this is, it's far from over.

Because I'm still alive.

My parents passed down as much as they could to me. They left their legacy to me, the Hidden Leaf's Silent Shadow and the Blood Kunoichi of the Leaf.

I'm not going to let their deaths be left unsolved...

I just can't.

"They were fine shinobi." A voice spoke from behind me.

I glanced back to see Danzo, his hands behind his back as he stood there. Looking down at their stones.

I looked forward, clenching my jaw.

Of all the people...

"Protected the leaf time and time again. I'm surprised to see them go so early on." He walked up next to me, standing beside me. "Your father, amazing in stealth and your mother had her unmatched jutsu."

I looked up at him.

"They were more than their talent." I stared up at him, with expressionless face.

He sent me a small smile. "That they were."

We stayed like that for a moment, paying respect to my parents.

"I suppose you'll be working to take on their legacy. Working to become a kunoichi such as your mother. I'm sure they taught you many things. Things some wish to have for themselves." He placed a hand on my head, patting it softly.

I felt my lip quiver, knowing he was trying to get me to talk about anything they taught. More specifically, my mother's teachings.

"They thought I was too young to learn my mother's jutsu... so my father taught me how to use his wires. I... I wanted to be strong like them.... but they're gone now." My voice cracked at the word 'gone'.

I felt the tears starting to fall down my cheeks, thinking of how sweet the two actually were.

I felt Danzo's hand disappear. "My condolences to you, Lilia. I hope you do follow your father's legacy."

With that, he walked away.

I cried as I watched him leave, my hatred for him growing.

All he cared about was their jutsu... he didn't care about them. He asked a kid who's grieving over the lost of her parents about just their jutsu?

It does hurt knowing people my parents were supposed to trust were cautious of them, especially my mother.

I looked back down to the names written below me. The rain seeming to have gotten heavier.

I squeezed my eyes and fists, thinking of how much they loved me. How much they cared for me.

How many times did they say 'I love you'? Did I say it back every time?

Did they know I loved them? Did they know just how much I did?

Even though I'm an adult in this body, they treated me with more love and compassion than I ever could have dreamed for my past life, and I will never forget that.