Chapter 9

"Why did they let her graduate so soon? She's like 7 years old." Shigeru whispered to Kiyoko as they walked behind Kei-Sensei and I.

"It's obvious she's connected to the Yellow Flash of the Leaf. There's a rumour about how he is the best candidate for becoming next Hokage too. So having a connection like that probably helped her out a lot." Kiyoko whispered back, gossiping to the Hyuga.

I could feel their eyes on my back.

I'm literally about to beat this bitch up...

They're talking trash because they're jealous I graduated early. All because of that! I did nothing wrong!

"And maybe she's getting special treatment because she's a Kizua." Shigeru said.

I tensed a bit.

"Why does her being a Kizua have to do with anything?"

"The Leaf wanted to make a treaty with the Clan, but the Kizua Clan was ambushed before they could accept. The Third could be trying to make it up to the survivors?" The Hyuga continued on with theories of why I'm a Genin already.

I clenched my hands into a fist, trying hard not to turn around.

Honestly, what's so surprising? Have they not heard of Kakashi?

Geniuses do exist in this world.

"Wasn't there only one though? Oh! That's probably why." Kiyoko agreed with his theory.

"Hey, loud mouths! You're talking an awful lot about the Kizua Clan. Maybe you could ask your comrade here, who just so happens to be a Kizua herself." Kei-Sensei must have noticed my uneasiness and anger.

The two stayed quiet after that, making me glance back. My eyes glossing over the embarrassed looks on their faces.

I chuckled before turning back to the front.

"There's always someone who can't seem to wrap their head around the idea of someone being younger that's more talented than them." I sighed while rubbing the back of my neck.

"People are always like that towards those who are more gifted." Sensei told, not bothering to look at me. "It's really up to you if you want to ignore them or change their minds."

I could hear the two whispering again, but it was just blaming the other for talking so loud.

I let my gaze fall to my feet.

These two sound arrogant, egotistical, and like they grew up being praised endlessly without criticism.

That's not how I was raised.

In this life and my past one.

My past life, I was criticized and practically tormented by my parents and siblings to be better. To at least be good at something other than taking up space. I was the black sheep of my family. Not good at school, finding work, or finding anything that interested me. They spoiled everything for me. Expecting me to be the best at everything I tried to do.

In this life, I'm considered a genius. But because my old life, I've learned to stay humble. Not to mention the love and affection I feel in this life is all the more appreciated because of my past one. I do get scolded from time to time, but only because I'm trying too hard. They don't have high expectations or make me do things I don't wish to. I have time to breath, enjoy what I like, and I'm not not told I'm 'not enough'.

I feel more at home in this life. This is my home.

I don't know what life these kids are living. So I can't say anything about them.