"I'll give you a break. I'm making dinner in a few hours." Ming said getting up and Onika looked over the couch watching her leave.

"I'm gonna—go out." Onika said getting up and Ming eyed her. "You haven't left the house in 4 days unless it was with Beyoncé." Ming pointed out.

"So? You don't trust me? I mean what am I—your kid?" Onika asked and Ming rolled her eyes at her attitude.

Ming wanted to avoid an actual argument with Onika at all cost, she's been strict but softly strict if that makes sense. "I trust you." Ming said as she stared at Onika.

The younger sister gulped.

"G-Good. I'm just—going down to the store to get me some snacks. Y-You want anything?" Onika asked. Ming smiled.

"Get me strawberry shortcake ice cream." Ming said and Onika nodded before quickly leaving.

She walked down the sidewalk, she was irritable. She knew why—she hadn't swallowed—snorted—sniffed anything even related to drugs in the last 4 days.

She needed to get out of her house—she hated being in her room. The room she almost died from an overdose in.

She reached the store and immediately walked in. Grabbing as many snickers as her hands could carry and getting Ming her ice cream. She eyed the slushie machine and decided to herself one.

She rung it up at the cashier, "13.45." The woman said and Onika slapped a 20 dollar bill down as she rubbed at her slightly tender nose.

"Thanks." Onika said taking her change. She slurped her slushie as she walked out the mini mart. She looked up and immediately stopped slurping at the sight infront of her.

She was walking closer to her, with a tank top—with a open casual button up shirt with jean shorts,

She blew the smoke from her cigarette, about 12 feet away from Onika. Onika with a look of shock and the other girl with a look of confusion.

"Where the fuck have you been?" She asked looking at Onika.

It was Lauren.

"I—uh.." Onika rubbed at the sides of her mouth that had slushie on the corners.

"I overdosed—and almost died."Onika said and Lauren's eyebrows shot up.

"For real? And you aren't—like—dead?" Lauren asked and Onika shrugged.

"Fucking obviously I'm right here." Onika said and Lauren was taken back by Onikas tone. Till she grinned.

"Oh you're going through the fucking ringer right now. You haven't had anything in the last few hours huh?" Lauren asked.

"4 days, 15 hours and 6 minutes." Onika mumbled and Lauren laughed.

"Oh you're fucking loosing it." Lauren said inhaling her smoke again. "Wanna try? It ain't your usual shit but—I have a feeling you need some kind of release right now." Lauren offered.

Onika took it and inhaled it before handing it back to Lauren. It wasn't enough but it was something.

"Damn. You wanna—go back to my place?" Lauren asked and Onika was intrigued. She bit her lip as she thought about it.

"I—I probably shouldn't." Onika mumbled.

"Is meningitis getting all in your head? Since when do you listen to her?" Lauren said laughing referring to Ming.

"Since she's been monitoring me Lor. I should probably get home—I don't even want to—like—almost die again." Onika mumbled as she began to walk off.