"Haha, so you were still paying attention to him. He's indeed entered the university—he already started his military training, I think. I've told Wenhao to take care of him at school."

{Of course, I pay attention to him, as I should.} Zheng Cunzhi sighed, and there seemed to be a hint of envy in his voice. {He likely has no idea how much he contributed, and how big the benefits this contribution will bring him. I can only say that it's true good deeds get rewarded!"

In response, Elder Fang only smiled.

Yan City, at the military base carrying out the freshmen's training

Shortly after he finished eating lunch, one of the instructors notified Lin Jingzhe that he received a phone call.

The office was some distance from the canteen. Lin Jingzhe walked there, puzzled over what the call could be about until he put the receiver to his ear.

A soft, gentle female voice asked, {Hello? Is it Jingzhe?}

Bang.

The instructor at the phone desk looked up in surprise. "You're already done?"

"Yes, it was nothing important." Lin Jingzhe put his name down in the phone call logbook, straightened, and put his military cap on. "Sir, if somebody calls me again, please hang up directly," he said impassively.

Surprised, the instructor stared at his porcelain-like face, a bit reddish from the sun, and nodded subconsciously.

Lin Jingzhe was a little irritated. Had he known the call was from Jiang Qiaqia, he wouldn't have bothered to come at all—the heat of midday sun was unbearable, yet he had to brave it again on the way back. Really, what an annoyance.

When Jiang Qiaqia heard the busy tone, she almost collapsed. She couldn't count how many people she had to ask before getting the number of the office at the military base where the Yan University's freshmen had their training. However, now that there was no Jiang Xiaoyun to act as an intermediary, no matter how unwilling she was, she had no choice but to contact Lin Jingzhe herself.

But even in her wildest dreams, she never imagined that Lin Jingzhe was even more unwilling than her!

This crisis was different from the one about the antiques—this time, she had nothing to fall back on nor any other path to take, so she could only swallow her pride and call again.

But the operator on the other side informed her that the recipient was refusing to take calls.

What to do now? she thought, biting the tip of her thumb in anxiety.

Shen Juanying was true to her word: this month, Jiang Qiaqia received not one penny of child support and had no way to get the money out of her ex-husband. She didn't know how Lin Jingzhe learned of all the matters he told Lin Runsheng—could it be that her father hardened his heart before his death and spilled it out?!

Jiang Qiaqia was filled with regret—she shouldn't have bowed to the pressure of Qi Qing's family and completely cut off relations with her birth family. Despite her painstaking efforts to please her in-laws, it brought her no benefits, and the Qi family was never grateful for any of it.

The "earthquake" in Qunnan Province had a great impact on the business world. Qiqing Real Estate, which had been deteriorating since their relationship with Section Head Wang turned sour, had become increasingly difficult to maintain. His downfall and subsequent confession led to Qi Qing being "interviewed" for a long time. They desperately struggled to stop the news from getting out, but many of their competitors still caught wind of it.

Qiqing Real Estate's troubles were widely known in the local real estate industry; no matter how hard they tried, they couldn't explain why tax auditors were knocking on their doors every few days. The business owners cooperating with them had lost confidence in them, and the contractors, disregarding their difficulties, nipped at their heels demanding construction fees. However, the project wasn't even completed! Since the houses hadn't been sold yet, how could the company cover the construction fee? Unless they borrowed the money.