The Secret Misadventures Pt. 3

Start from the beginning

Zak: Sounds like a real toolbag.

Flapjack: He practically was. He lost his arms and legs when he was younger. Though, he did find love, in the end. Another man's wife.

Y/N: Oh. That's, uh, interesting?

Flapjack nodded.

Flapjack: The two loved each other. The woman, Candy, ended things with her original husband. You met him, actually. Peppermint Larry.

Flapjack's mentor stole Larry's wife? Cold blooded.

Flapjack: They lived happily. But then K'nuckles...something happened. It was like a switch was flipped in his head. He began to lose it. He......he killed Bubbie.

And this just took a turn.

Flapjack: I found her dead in the water. That was the last straw for me. I found him at the Candy Barrel. He cried and pleaded for me to forgive him, but I wasn't that stupid, innocent child anymore.

Zak: What did you do?

Flapjack said nothing. He looked forward towards the horizon with a glint in his eye. Then, he spoke.

Flapjack: I killed him.
--------------
Bubbles had been on a pirate ship only once before. She didn't enjoy it then, and she didn't enjoy it now.

She on the steps and watched as the waves crashed against the ship. There was nothing out in the horizon for miles. She couldn't see anything.

You were out there somewhere. She needed to find you. You couldn't hide forever.

Bubbles looked up to the wheel. Candy was still sailing the ship without much effort. She was good at this. She must have been doing this for a long time now.

She finally got up and headed up to talk to Candy. She was curious about her lover's death at the hands of this Captain she was chasing after.

Candy: Hello, Bubbles. Something on your mind?

Bubbles shook her head.

Bubbles: Not entirely. Just curiosity.

Candy: You can speak freely here. What is it that you want to know?

Bubbles: Flapjack. You said he killed your love. Why?

Candy didn't say anything at first. She just took a deep breath.

Candy: K'nuckles wasn't perfect. Nobody is. But he was a good man. And I truly loved him. But that night, he left to the Candy Barrel. An in his drunken state, Flapjack, the boy he took under his wing and raised as his own son, struck him down.

Bubbles was surprised. Why would you partner up with a murderer? Then again, why would you get in the middle of her and her sisters? Why would you ruin everything?

Candy: Now, I look to repay his ruthlessness with my own.

She then turned to Bubbles.

Candy: And why are you looking for this Y/N?

Bubbles looked back to the water. Why was she looking for you? No, why did she want to kill you? You were her friend. Her partner in drama.

You caused all this misery. You took her sisters away. You were the root cause for everything.

Bubbles: He took my sisters away.

Candy nodded in understanding.

Candy: Then I suppose we'll make them both pay, won't we?

Bubbles slowly nodded.

Bubbles: Yeah. We'll make them pay.

Bubbles flinched when she felt something on her arm. She looked at it to see a leaf growing from her arm. She eyed it suspiciously before she plucked it off.
---------------
You sat against the rail of the boat. You stared at the water for a moment before you looked back to Flapjack.