020 - Lovey Dovey

______ 。______

YEWON stretches her arms up while groaning. Her back ached from sitting since morning. She then flips closed the Biology exercise book, grabs her phone and threw herself on bed.

It is now 12:50 PM, the time Taehyung told her when he will have lunch picnic with his families. While the gift opening session has already ended by this time as it was scheduled on 11:00 in the morning.

Seeing no new messages from Taehyung, Yewon decided to text him first to ask about the gift opening session.

Her phone almost dropped on her face when it suddenly vibrates. Taehyungʼs name appeared on the screen... as a caller! Yewon panicked as she sat up and brushed her hair with her fingers while she analyse is it a video call or a normal call? In a sudden situation like that she too suddenly cannot differentiate the two.

After confirming it is just a normal phone call, she cleared her throat then swipe the green button.

"Heh, what took you so long?" his already low voice sounded even low on call. This is the first time they are on the phone beside texting, and Yewon tried her best to hold in her squeal.

"Um, Iʼm surprised... You suddenly call without warning." Yewon pouts, slowly leaning in on her bed headrest.

"Yeah? I just, this may sound ridiculous, as we met just yesterday, but I... I missed you. Badly." he sighs.

Yewon ends up grabbing a pillow and yell empty scream in it.

"Am I being ridiculous?" he asks when she gave him no response.

Yewon hugs her pillow and smiles. "No." she says. "I am glad you call me. ʼCause I actually missed you too." her grips on the pillow tighten.

While on the other line, Taehyung leaned on a tree, his head lowered with a hand cupping his lips, trying not to grin too wide or anyone from his family will notice and disturb him.

Realising that, Taehyung secretly taking a walk on his own, around the park they are having picnic at.

Silence greet both from each line, as the couple try to recover from shyness.

Taehyung slips one hand into his jeans pocket, walking slowly savoring the moment.

Yewon loosen her grip on the pillow and hugs it softly.

"So," Yewon breaks the silence. "Did your sister like my gift?" her heart thumps nervously waiting for his answer. It was her first time, buying a gift for a young girl who is not her friend nor acquaintance.

"She loves it," Taehyung smiles, recalling his sisterʼs face light up at a set of hairpins they bought for her. "To the point she canʼt believe that I chose her gift by myself."