1914- Wedding

(French in italics)

*

It was an unusual day in Small Heath, the Summer sun broke through the thick smog highlighting the town that was usually hidden in darkness. 

It was the day that Aurora Cadieux would be finally tied to Thomas Shelby, may they live a long and happy life together.

Their wedding would be held in their safe place, a field hidden in the forest outside of Birmingham. Wildflowers dominated the surrounding area, it was magical. 

Colorful glass hung from the trees catching the sunlight beaming down, creating a rainbow effect. With the help of Aurora's father, they utilized his magic creating a mystical atmosphere. Sprouting flowers to hang down the surrounding trees, making a fairytale wedding for his princess.

Tommy made it his mission to ensure nothing could go wrong, no one would ruin this day for him.

 Before long he found himself standing at the top of the aisle, waiting for his bride-to-be. Arthur had never seen his younger brother nervous, it was a startling sight for sure.

"Mom would be proud of you, you know" he mumbled hoping to ease his brother's nerves. Smiling like a little boy, Tom internally wished she was here. "Thanks, Arthur" he choked out, straightening his back when the music began.

Gliding down the forest path, Aurora clutched her father's arm tightly to prevent her hand from shaking. "Don't let me fall papa" she whispered anxiously. "I'll always catch you my beautiful butterfly" he sniffled, the entire morning her father had shed tears. He wasn't embarrassed to express his feelings, a strange feature in a man of this century. 

"Can't believe my little girl is getting married" he began before sobbing into his tissue. Laughing happily, Aurora squeezed his arm in comfort. "Don't cry papa, I'm still your little girl"

Breathing deeply to try and gain control of himself, he looked fondly down at his little princess. Her life flashed in front of his eyes, from finding out his Evangelina was pregnant, to the time she took her first breath, to her first steps, even to when she magically grew whiskers and pretended to be a cat for a day. 

He beamed at the memories, happy that she was living her life the way she wanted. 

"You look stunning," he told her, his voice heavy and thick with love and pride. He had never spoken truer words, her long beautiful white curls were perfectly in place, plaits twisted elaborately. Porcelain skin flushed pink in anticipation, her icy silver eyes sparkled with joy.

 The dress she had designed herself was one of pride and joy. It showcased a lot more skin than what was usual in England, but the French were always a little more provocative and free with their dress sense.

"Thank you, papa! and thank you for being the best father I could ever ask for" she gushed, noticing how they were nearing the start of the aisle. "Stop, my darling! I'm trying not to cry" he laughed, clearing his throat he fought valiantly to clear his eyes of any tears.

Tommy waited impatiently at the top of the aisle, the gasps from the small gathering of family members made him want to turn around immediately. "You lucky son a bitch" he heard John mutter, causing a nervous chuckle to escape him.

The clearing of a throat gained his attention, it was time for him to turn around. In slow motion, Tommy turned to face his soulmate. She was there for him and him alone. 

Tears filled his eyes as a breathtaking smile came to his face as he slowly lifted her white veil. He knew then and there he would do anything in the world for her, she was his light, his reason to live.