Meet Again

Turn on the audio for a better experience in reading this novel. Enjoy ~

--- MEETING ROOM ---

"It's better to focus on 1 thing at the time. We don't want to risk our money for something that is still uncertain. You should choose either expansion or new subsidiary company" said one of the board member in a serious tone.

"I can guarantee you that both of this new ideas will work together. The new entertainment agency will be helpful to promote our expansion towards the JS Mall." I replied firmly

"You are still young; I know you have a lot of ambition left in your blood. But us as shareholder, we don't want to lose our money for something that will certainly not beneficial to our company!." Said the other board member

The word of "young" just make my blood boils. I have been taken care of in this company the past 4 years. Do they think that I only enjoy the leisure of earning money easily?! This old man needs to get a good tutor from such a young girl like me! Before I could avenge my anger, one of the board member replied

"How about we have another board member meetings, as not all are attending today. Then we will decide whether to continue or not for this plan."

That's it! Uncle Maxim always give a wise decision for everyone. Finally, I can end this meeting early without wasting my energy on the old thinking man.

....

--- 2 Hours later ---

FINALLYY!!! Lunchtime. It's such a long day of boring and tiring meeting.

*Knock* *knock*

Edmund walks in while holding a white plastic package on his right hand and iPad on his left hand.

"Here is your order, Waffle with dark chocolate and I also ask for an extra syrup of chocolate"

I quickly run to the table and open the package

"Yummmmmm!!! You are the best, Edmund. I LOVE DARK CHOCOLATE"

"Don't forget, you will have an appointment at 2 PM later, Miss. Please don't be late and come up with other excuses. I already clear all your schedules today!" Edmund give me a fierce face which means I should follow it obediently

"After your treatment, we should go find some clothes for you... It looks like your weight loss get worse now."

I look at myself in the mirror and didn't even recognize myself anymore. I literally look like a stick standing in the ground that can fly easily if there's a wind surround me. That's the effect that come from having this cancer in my body.

"Let's just get a dress, since I'm having a body like a model now." I answer happily as if nothing worse can happen.

I'm on my way to the hospital accompanied by Edmund, and he is still persisting me to meet the famous doctor in that hospital.

"He graduated from Central University with hands-on experience more than 3 years in treating patient with the same condition as yours." Said Edmund while looking at me with full of hope expression in his face

"Hmm CU. such a famous university" I suddenly thought of my ex-boyfriend which also went to study there for his exchange program. My mind suddenly replay the memories I had together with him 4 years ago.

"Miss...? " Edmund sounds, suddenly waking me up from my imagination. I look at Edmund and reply, "Let's see how it will go later."

--At the hospital--

*Phone buzz *

" Hi Doctor, this is Mark. May I know what time you are coming to hospital today? There are quite a lot of patients, start queuing right now." Said mark with a trembling voice.

"I'm in the hospital basement parking" said Jayden with a straight tone. Jayden is one of the famous oncologist in his hospital. He is known for the capability to cure the cancer patients. Aside from the good-looking, he is a devil in the hospital. He never smiles and never talk more than 3 sentences to his residence. Legend says his attitude towards people change after his ex-girlfriend leave him 4 years ago.

"Such a young and smart doctor with a sad history. I wonder how pretty the girl is until he manages to turn our boss warm heart into an ice-cold heart." Said Mark with his habit of having gossips around the nurses to relieve his stress while working with poker face.

"You should stop gossiping and start to work before doctor come and scold you like last week. Patients are starting to pile up now." Said one of the nurse

--At the lobby--

"Which floor?" I asked Edmund while looking at the surrounding which is full of patients. Some very young kids and some elderly. At least they have someone to accompany them while getting treated.

"3" said Edmund while showing me the road.

As I'm waking to the elevator, I saw a familiar figure that walking to my side. With slight blurry eyes I try to see him nearer and that's when he looks at me... I realize it's him...

"Why is she here ?" said Edmund in his mind

"Oh my god... what should I do?!!" my heart beating so fast as I will collapse at that point of time in front of him.

NOTES:

Hi Everyone! Thank you for taking your precious time to read the story from this novice writer. I will try to update this daily to keep you entertained! Do let me know your honest opinion about the story (whether I'm going too slow, the story makes no sense at all, or anything you would like to see from this story)

*Sending virtual hugs and love to all readers!*