Chapter 2

There was one thing for certain; you needed to talk to Viktor.

After your 'vision', as you'd taken to calling it, he was the only thing linking you to this strange world. As Heimerdinger had promised, a doctor was sent by, rousing you from your restless sleep. He asked some standard medical questions that, for the most part, you didn't know the answers to, your family medical history was probably buried right alongside all the rest of your knowledge on your family. He told you that you had a mild concussion and that you should stay here for observation and relaxation for a few days until you were recovered. He also ordered no visitors, much to your dismay. Once you had calmed down, you were brimming with questions that the nurses were starting to find tedious to answer, however, they humoured you anyways.

As far as they knew, you were simply an amnesia patient, they did not know how you got there or anything about the blue void you asked about. They looked at you with concern and you were careful not to bring it up again. You learned you were in a hospital in the city of Piltover in a world called Runeterra. Professor Heimerdinger was the head of the governing body also known as the Council here, Jayce and Viktor were his students and Viktor was, until recently, his assistant. There were two parts of Piltover, one being where you were now, the wealthy neighbourhood teeming with discovery, and the Undercity, the poorer section that was subject to high rates of crime and violence. You felt a certain pull in your chest, similar to the one you had during your vision, at the mention of the Undercity, the disdain clear on the nurse's face as they talked about the lower class. You didn't see anything this time, but you felt there was something important about that place, something you were missing. You would have to inquire more later, hopefully with a less biased party as your nurse was willfully ignorant to most of the goings-on there.

On your last day, you were brought in for x-rays and blood tests to confirm that you were good to go. Once the tests were done it was late evening. The nurse handed you a set of plain clothes and lead you back to your room to change. You sat on your bed, starring down at yourself, feeling as if you were in someone else's body. The white shirt was loose on your torso, the high neck was a soft comfort. You'd tucked the shirt into the mid-rise pleated blue pants you were given that ended just a bit below your ankles and slipped on white socks and black shoes that reminded you of Mary Janes you had had in your childhood. You smiled at the simple memory, fleeting as it was. At this point you'd take anything, your memories were barely returning, and though you had been warned it could take a while for them to fully return if they ever did, you were desperate for any hint as to who you were, how you got here, and why this world looked so different.

There was a light knock on the door, breaking you out of your reverie. You stood up, brushing off your pants nervously and straightening your shirt. No one had knocked before, the medical staff usually just came right in.

"Come in." You called, shifting anxiously from foot to foot.

The door opened and in came a familiar face.

"Good day, my dear, are you feeling better?" Heimerdinger asked as he trotted quickly into the room. You tried to control the shock on your face. It wasn't that he had been necessarily rude last time you had spoken, but he had been very suspicious. You weren't expecting a warm greeting like that, but you appreciated it all the same.

"Yes, I am, thank you."

"Good to hear!" He exclaimed, clasping his hands together, "If you would follow me I have made some arrangements for you."

Without another word he strode out the door, quickly followed by a little puffball with horns that you hadn't noticed earlier. Your eyes widened briefly, what was that thing and when would this place stop surprising you?