63. 6,5,4,3,2,1

A/N: Check the date on chapter one and it'll explain the beginning of this chapter lol.

*Five months later*

Date: October 5th

"Taehyun," Beomgyu said sleepily, getting out of bed to go look for him in the kitchen. "Taehyunnie~" after finally finding his target, he gave him a loose back hug and nuzzled his face into Taehyun's broad back. "I'm tired."

"Then go back to sleep," Taehyun giggled, pouring pancake batter into the pan and Beomgyu whined.

"Why aren't you at your classes?"

Taehyun shrugged. "I didn't feel like going."

He was acting strange and Beomgyu checked the date, smiling when he saw what it was. Maybe that's why Taehyun was acting weird. He must've been planning something for today.

"Taehyun, I wanna marry you."

Taehyun jolted and Beomgyu smiled while pulling away from the back hug.

"That's random..."

"Kind of. But I think we've been together long enough to talk about it. And last time I asked you, you said you wanted to wait until after high school to talk about it."

Taehyun sighed and turned around to face him. "I'm in college though-"

"You expect me to wait six years for you to be done with college and nursing school?"

"A lot of people wait way longer than that to get married."

Beomgyu looked at him in disbelief and then looked down. "It's been five months since we graduated. You... said..."

"Fine. You wanna know what I think about it?" Taehyun asked. "It's a waste of money. A ring is super expensive, and everything that has to do with it is expensive. And I don't want our relationship to be joined by law of all things. We shouldn't need a piece of paper to prove that we love each other."

Beomgyu looked at him with a blank expression and then clicked his tongue. "Maybe I... wanted you and your mom's last name, just to have another part of you connected to me. But you know what? Forget it! Forget I ever said anything about it."

***

"I think you two need couple's counseling," Kai said, playing a game of Call Of Duty while Beomgyu ranted to him. "You have a lot of issues."

Beomgyu nodded and stared at the TV. "I mean, I get it, you know? He has valid reasons. And sure, my entire life, I've wanted a fancy wedding, but... I understand if we can't afford it. He just... he makes me mad sometimes."

"What was it that made you mad this time?"

"Just the way he acts about it," Beomgyu said. "He acts like it's some horrible thing that isn't normal."

Kai groaned when he was too distracted and died at round four, and Beomgyu giggled. "You should have the future you want, Beomgyu. You should both be happy. If you're not happy not being married, then..." he shrugged.

Beomgyu nodded and looked down. He didn't want to take that advice at all. He wasn't planning on it. But Kai was right. Both of them should've been happy. Beomgyu hoped he could figure out a way for both of them to be happy.

A few minutes later, Kai's sister, Lea, walked in with a bunch of groceries and Kai walked over to help her. "The line took forever and there were only three people in front of me!" She exclaimed and both of them started laughing. "Anyway, what are you guys talking about?"