44. Storm

*The next day*

Date: April 4th

Taehyun was lovey, but he was tired. Beomgyu was just glad he was back to being responsive though, even if that meant little grumbles for words and gentle shoulder touches for skinship.

"Good morning, or afternoon since we slept in," Beomgyu giggled when he rolled over and saw Taehyun's eyes open. "Good morning Sweetheart." The boy hummed, shutting his eyes when Beomgyu kissed his forehead. "How did you sleep?"

Taehyun shrugged, turning away to cough for a moment. "I need to tell you..." he said, voice scratchy and quiet. Beomgyu sat up and looked at him in concern. "I haven't been talking because it hurts."

"What hurts?" Beomgyu asked.

"My throat. He made me drink a little bit of b-bleach." He looked down when Beomgyu hugged him, squeezing his eyes shut when he heard the older crying.

"I'm so sorry," Beomgyu said. "I should've done more. I should've been faster. I should've-"

"Don't apologize," Taehyun whispered. "It's not your fault. You helped me. You did nothing wrong."

Taehyun wasn't mad? Beomgyu stopped crying once he realized it. Why was he the one crying in this situation? Because he felt bad? God, he felt so selfish.

Even though he wasn't.

Talking for a little bit about their families, Beomgyu thought it was only right to call San about everything that's happened. He's been one of the only people who was there for Taehyun alongside Beomgyu.

He hates Taehyun's dad. And now he's even angrier at the fact that the two of them are living with their friend.

"What do you mean they didn't pay rent?! You guys are just staying with your friend?! Hang on. I'm gonna call mom."

Beomgyu sighed when San hung up and looked at the front door that Kai and his two sisters were currently walking out of.

"We'll be back in a couple hours," Kai said. "Help yourselves to anything."

When they left, Beomgyu cautiously looked at Taehyun. The boy had his chin rested on his fist, eyes fixated on a picture on the marble countertop of Kai's family.

"You okay?" He asked. Taehyun only shrugged, leaning into Beomgyu's hand that was now resting on his cheek. "Come on."

He moved his hand down in a way that gestured for Taehyun to grab it, smiling when he did. They put their shoes on, although Taehyun was still confused as to why, and left to get in Beomgyu's car.

Taehyun was slightly curious, but he trusted Beomgyu enough not to pester him. After a little bit, he realized where they were going. "The waterfall?" He asked when they parked by the familiar entrance of the forest.

"I came here a few days ago. The added some stuff. I have some things I need to burn."

Beomgyu got out of the car and Taehyun's eyes widened before he also got out. He saw Beomgyu grab a shopping bag full of papers that were getting crumpled right now and tilted his head.

"What are those?" He asked as they started walking toward the waterfall.

They stopped in front of a metal trash can and Beomgyu dumped the papers in. "All my parents' mail." He took out a lighter and looked at the darkening sky, and then Taehyun. "This entire time, I thought I was so lucky. I was so lucky to have a perfect life. But my parents betrayed me."

Taking a lighter to a paper, Beomgyu threw it into the rest of the pile. Both of them watched as it all lit up in flames. A little bit of their hurt being burned away.

Beomgyu's eyes were red and watery, both from the smoke and the emotionality of what was happening. Everything that was happening to both of them. So much was happening. So much was changing.

And sure, they had others behind them protecting their shadows, but they were the ones right by each other.

"I'm going to talk to my dad tomorrow," Taehyun said, wrapping his leather jacket around Beomgyu. "I don't know what to say."

Beomgyu leaned back into him and spaced out while looking at the fire. "Tell him how you feel. What you're thinking. You'll be fine Love." He turned his head to kiss Taehyun's cheek and then turned around to hug him. "I love you."

He looked up at the stars while resting his chin on Taehyun's shoulder, hoping nothing further came along. They've been through so much. He just wanted to rest now. He wanted Taehyun to be happy and safe.

There were so many things he wanted, and yes, that sounds selfish, but most of them were normal things that everyone should have.

Soon later, they both laid on the ground, staring up at the stars. Taehyun didn't know what was going through Beomgyu's mind until the boy finally said it.

"Hopefully the storm is over," he said, grabbing Taehyun's hand and playing with his fingers. "So much has happened. I just want it all to stop for you."

"For me?"

"You've been through Hell. I just don't want anything more to happen to you. I love you."

They both laid there, breathing the same air, feeling the same wind, hearing the same splashing of the waterfall.

They laid there thinking of what they could do next

A/N:

NO.