52. Those Bitches

A/N: WAIT WHAT THE ENDING OF THE CHAPTER DIDN'T PUBLISH WITH THE REST OF IT?!?!? 😭😭😭 HELP I ONLY REALIZED THAT AFTER LIKE 50-SOMETHING PEOPLE HAD ALREADY READ IT.

*The next day*

Date: April 17th

"Taehyun, Darling, slow down," Hwayoung said when he started excitedly pulling her through the mall.

"I'm sorry, I'm just... so happy," he smiled and hugged her again.

"I know. It's normal for this type of thing to make someone happy. I have been meaning to ask you though..." she said once Taehyun finally slowed down. "Have you ever felt like you were incapable of love?"

Taehyun nodded. "All the time. Why do you ask?"

"Psychopathy can be genetically passed down. I was just wondering if you ever had any traits."

"Not really. It's hard to love or be happy sometimes, but not impossible."

"Interesting."

They went to different stores and Taehyun was ecstatic the entire time. He would try to buy Hwayoung a gift of some sort no matter what store they went into, but she would end up getting him something instead. She had a lot of money, he realized, which was both cool and alarming.

After the mall, they both sat in Beomgyu's car eating ice cream and talking. "It just made me kind of upset..."

"Those bitches," Hwayoung said, taking out her phone. "Give me their number."

"Mom, you can't just call the university-"

"The fuck I can't."

"But it was my fault."

She looked at him in the middle of dialing their number and sighed. "What did you do?"

Oh my goodness.

Taehyun's heart started beating louder in his chest and he felt scared all of a sudden. He was never this scared to tell his parent about something bad he did. He was never scared of disappointing his dad, but it was so different with her.

"I got into a fight..."

"Why?"

"He hurt Beomgyu."

She looked down at her phone and then back at him. "How hard did you hit him?"

"Hard enough to get kicked out of college," he giggled, relieved that she seemed to not be angry. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure," she said, giving up on trying to call them.

"Why didn't you try to find me before?"

It was a big question, as well as an intense one. He wouldn't have asked it if he didn't know she was incapable of being sad or hurt.

"I've found you for years, Taehyun. Well, Nari has. After the stupid government handed you over to your father, everyone lost contact with him. Nari found him though a few years ago, and therefore, found you. I'm sorry I didn't come see you sooner. I truly am. It's just... I was afraid."

"Afraid of what?"

"Him. But not only him. I just always feared that you thought I abandoned you. I was scared you would hate me."

"Well..." Taehyun started. "This entire time I thought you were dead. But regardless, I've always had the assumption that I should love you. Even though I never met you, I just knew that I should love you."

She nodded and smiled a bit. "I always thought the same."

Everything she had said made Taehyun happy as he drove her back to Nari's house. Even though she was incapable of feeling some of the things she said she did, she still made an effort to try to show those feelings.

It was obvious she was trying to make up for her absence in Taehyun's childhood, and it was seriously working.