40. Boiling Rage

Date: March 31st

"Taehyun, you have a really good singing voice, right?" The drama teacher asked.

He shrugged. "I don't really know-"

"Okay well, for our end of the year play, you know we're obviously doing Frozen." It was obviously childish, but everyone was turning it into a meme and now they were excited for it. "I want you to be the lead vocalist."

Taehyun's eyes widened and he looked at a student who scoffed. "Seriously? You want him to sing the lead role of vocally challenging, beautiful songs?"

This student was like... your typical gay class clown. He was kind of likeable. He didn't like Taehyun though, which wasn't surprising considering most people didn't like him.

"Would you like to try to do it?" The woman asked and the boy quickly shook his head. "That's what I thought. Taehyun, you'll be singing Into The Unknown."

Now that was something that he tried to get off. But she just shooed him back to his seat and he contemplated all his life decisions.

"You got this Taehyun!" Yeonjun tried to yell to be supportive of his friend who just hid behind his hands because he absolutely hated the attention of all of them.

***

When school was over, Beomgyu walked downstairs and saw Taehyun sitting in the principal's office. Deciding to be nosey, he took out some college stuff that he should've turned in a couple days ago and stood in the doorway.

"You got accepted into SNU, and you're still fighting? What happened? You got better for a while."

"A lot's just been going on..."

"There's no excuse for your behavior. That school isn't going to accept that, especially if you're going into medical."

"I know-"

"Choi Beomgyu." Taehyun's eyes widened and he turned to look at him. "What brings you here?"

"I have college stuff that I need you to do something with..." he walked over and smiled softly at Taehyun who glared at him. "For scholarships or something. Hey Tae."

Taehyun stared down at his feet. Why the hell was Beomgyu being nice now? What happened before?

The principal sent Taehyun off and Beomgyu caught up to him. "Taehyun, I need to talk to you."

"What?" Taehyun snapped, stopping to look at him.

Beomgyu's feelings would've been slightly hurt if he didn't know Taehyun had every right to be angry at him. "This is about what happened."

"I don't give a fuck. I don't wanna talk to you."

He started walking away and Beomgyu teared up. "I was forced to," he said with a shaky voice and Taehyun actually stopped. "By that guy. Hangyeol. He said he would tell the school about your old job if I didn't break up with you. It was a way of getting back at us."

Taehyun looked down and then turned around to slowly walk back to him. He didn't look at Beomgyu. He was too nervous to. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"He said it would be worse if I did."

The younger boy was overwhelmed with emotions. Happiness that Beomgyu didn't hate him, sadness that Beomgyu had to go through this, and obviously...

Boiling rage.

He stepped forward until they were right in front of each other and finally looked Beomgyu in his bloodshot eyes. "So you don't hate me?"

Beomgyu violently shook his head and started sobbing into Taehyun's shoulder while crying apologies. Meanwhile, Taehyun just hugged him while telling him it was okay. He would figure it out. Hangyeol wouldn't hurt them. They would both be okay.