28. Know What?!

A/N: Sorry updates have been slow. If you saw my work schedule, you would understand lol.

Date: February 16th

"Taehyun, did Beomgyu text you?" Kai asked, sitting next to him in homeroom. They had homeroom together apparently. Taehyun never noticed.

"Yeah. We text all the time."

They were still iffy about Taehyun. All of the students were, regardless of how kind he acted because Beomgyu wanted him to. When he would stand down from a fight, Beomgyu never noticed the menacing glare Taehyun gave who it was.

Beomgyu thought he changed, but they all knew he didn't. That's why all of them still hated him. And because they hated him, Taehyun hated them. But he tried to at least be nice to Beomgyu's friends.

It was not easy.

Well, they seemed relatively nice. He didn't really talk to Kai, he did some work in Drama with Yeonjun, and Soobin... he refused to say a single word to Soobin.

Soobin was nice. Very nice. But Taehyun still felt shame for, you know... having sex with Soobin's father.

It was literally the definition of a 'your mom' joke but with his dad instead.

"Does he like New York?"

"Yeah. He said there was a kind old woman who gave him an apple." His laughter died for a second and Kai giggled.

"Beomgyu is Snow White?"

Taehyun smiled and shook his head. "I don't really wanna think of him with strangers though."

Kai playfully rolled his eyes. "Possessive much?"

"Protective. He can do whatever he wants but that doesn't mean I won't worry about him."

Kai almost didn't believe Taehyun. He was so horrible to everyone, but his and Beomgyu's relationship was almost so untoxic that it seemed unrealistic.

"You should come to Soobin's house tonight. We're all hanging out there. Maybe we can get to know each other."

Taehyun shrugged and then nodded. "Sure, I guess."

"Here. I'll give you his address."

Taehyun sighed. "No, I already know where he lives."

Embarrassing.

***

Taehyun mumbled curse words as he got off his bike and walked up to Soobin's house. He shouldn't have said yes. Why didn't he just make an excuse like any normal person?

Now he had to deal with Soobin and possibly his father.

Oy vey.

A butler answered the door. He was tall, charming, and looked young, which was a little surprising.

"I'm here to see Soobin. I'm... his friend... Taehyun."

"Right. He let all of us know of your arrival. Let me take your jacket for you."

Taehyun thanked him and handed him his leather jacket before walking to the living room where the three of them were talking.

"Hey..." he awkwardly said, sitting in between Kai and Yeonjun on the couch.

"I'm surprised you're here," Soobin said, handing him a glass of water. "It's already past eight. We thought you would be here earlier."

"I was texting Beomgyu. It's seven in the morning for him. I just wanted to tell him good morning."

Kai looked at him and laughed a little bit. "You um... you waited to come here until 8 p.m. just so you could text Beomgyu good morning before you got here?"

Taehyun took a sip of his water and looked at all of them. "Yes... I didn't wanna be on my phone while I was here. I thought that would be rude."

"It's not rude," Yeonjun laughed and took a drink of whatever questionable red liquid he had in his glass.

"You're drinking alcohol? It's Wednesday."

"So? I don't tell you how to live your life."

Taehyun's eyes widened and they all burst into laughter.

This was seriously not easy.

"What Yeonjun was trying to say..." Soobin sighed. "We understand that you miss him. We couldn't care less if you're on your phone the entire time. We just wanted you to maybe get out and have fun."

"I have fun."

"Where?"

Taehyun bit his lip and looked down, making them all start laughing again. He chuckled a little bit, although it didn't help the feeling that they were laughing at him instead of with him.

"The thing is..." someone said, entering the room. It was another classmate, someone who was part of the student council with Soobin. Taehyun didn't know his name, but he's seen him around school and with Soobin. Where the hell did he come from? "Taehyun, you're dating a pick me."

I don't even know you.

Wait...

What?

"What are you talking about?"

"You don't know? He may act all boring and innocent now, but apparently at his old school he was such a whore that they had to move cities."

"What the fuck?!" Taehyun yelled and stood up, making Kai grab his arm. "No the fuck he wasn't!"

"Then why did he date Hyunwoo and then you, huh? He must not have had any standards."

"Stop," Soobin said, grabbing the other student's arm. "That's my friend you're talking about."

"I know. But he's a whore just like Taehyun and your father."

When Soobin finally got the student to leave, he looked at Taehyun who was blankly staring at the row of video games on the TV stand. "I'm sorry about him Taehyun-"

"Taehyun, what was he talking about?" Kai asked.

"What he said about Beomgyu was a lie," Soobin said. "Beomgyu was never like that. He must've done something to make Hangyeol mad at him."

"That's not what he was talking about," Yeonjun groaned, holding an ice pack to his face. "Kai doesn't give a shit what Beomgyu did. What was he saying about Taehyun?"

"He was here, wasn't he?" Taehyun asked, still staring at the games. "That night when I came here. Hangyeol was here too, wasn't he?"

He finally looked up and Soobin nodded, making Taehyun groan and slump back into the couch. "I didn't think he would know."

"Know what?!" Kai asked in frustration.

Soobin looked at him sternly. "Nothing-"

"Just tell them. It's better they find out from us than when Hangyeol tells the whole school."