🎀 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟝 🎀

WHAT THE FUCK? I was gone for a few weeks and went from 6.8k reads to OVER 11K?!! I CAN'T EXPLAIN HOW GRATEFUL I AM <333

Let's get into the long awaited chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes slowly opened and I flinched the chilly breeze on my skin, "What happe- Oh my god.." My jaw dropped at my surroundings. Smoke filled the air and around me was something I never expected to see, an enormous rib cage. "What the hell is going on?" I sat up from the concrete I was laying on. Scratching my head, the events from earlier replayed in my mind. "Guys?" I questioned.

Mikasa's gaze left Armin and landed on me. "There's a lot to explain, but I don't think now is the ti-" Her words were interrupted as Eren came from behind the rib cage and poked his head from the entrance.

"So..You're a titan?" I asked while glancing up at him.

The brunette hesitated with his answer, "Uhm.. I guess? I'm not really sure.." I read Eren's face, complete anxiousness plastered his features. "I'm sorry.." He apologized.

"Eren.." Mikasa groaned, "We already discussed this. There's no need to be apologetic, you saved our lives back there." 

Armin nodded and glanced through the smoke. His body shuddered, "Well- What do I say to them?" Faint murmurs could be hear from all around, yet I couldn't pin point how many people there were.  

Suddenly, a loud feminine voice called out, "Sir, the canons are loaded and ready to be fired!" My eyes widened in horror. Canons? Why are there canons?  My thoughts were racing as I stared at my friends for some sort of answer.

As if reading my mind, Armin sighed while fondling his long hair. "They think Eren is a threat to humanity.." 

"A threat-?" I questioned.

"Yes, and they want him dead.. Like hell I'd let that happen."  Mikasa added. The atmosphere darkened as she scowled. 

Eren spoke up, "At this point, Armin is our only hope of getting out of here alive. I don't know what's about to leave his mouth, but I know he can do it."

I smiled and patted Armin's shoulder, "You got this, if anyone can get us out of this situation, its you."  He took a large gulp, rose to his feet.  Eren gave a confident smirk towards his best friend who was in the process of removing his ODM gear.  With one last glance in our direction, the blonde sprinted through the dark, dusty clouds of smoke and disappeared. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I crossed my legs as Eren kneeled beside me. Armin and Mikasa stood right behind us as we stared into the district of Trost..

To break it down, nobody listened to Armin's plea and we almost died, but the leader of the Garrison, Commander Pyxis, had saved us. He removed Armin, Eren, Mikasa, and I from the situation and safely transferred us to the top of the wall. After talking with him, Pyxis admitted he was confident in Eren's ability, so he created a plan.

"Wait what?" Armin questioned,"You want-"

Eren cut the blonde off before he could finish,"You want me to plug the hole in Trost?" The brunette scratched his head, "I don't know if I can.."

Mikasa let out a sigh and she squatted next to me,"How are you doing?"

I glanced in her direction, "Fine I suppose, you?" She gave a small nod and turned her attention towards Eren, Armin, and Pyxis. I started to think about the plan. Standing up and looking back over Trost's horizon, I realized just how many titans flooded the area. My gaze fell upon the bolder Eren would use to plug the wall, the thing was massive.

I spun my body around and walked up to Pyxis, "Commander, excuse the interruption, but how do we know Eren is strong enough in his titan form? He's only had one full transformation, what if something goes wrong?"

The commander smirked and took a swig of his strong smelling booze, "You're smart for thinking ahead. While you are correct, I'm sure everything will go fine. If it doesn't, we'll have to make a decision on what to do." He wiped his lips and ushered his arm towards the comrades who were also with him. Pyxis ordered Armin, Mikasa, and I to review the plans with them all while he made an announcement with Eren.

Leaning on boxes, Armin chatted with the male and female Garrison members and Mikasa studied his plan with precision.  The wind whistled a soft tune in my ears as I looked up from the map and walked a few feet away.

I found myself staring at the remains of Trost, the titans, and the destroyed wall. The sight made me nauseous, it made me think of all the death I witnessed, and the people I met three years prior. Everyone was like family to me, considering I didn't have any. I was beyond pissed at the fact I relied on Ymir for memories, for answers. I thought about what she said. It replayed on my mind until I muttered it aloud, "What does she mean- Fight your battle..?"

"Hm?" Someone gently touched my shoulder, "What did you say Y/N?" I faced the person and it was Armin.

I shook my head, "Nothing, I don't know what you're talking about blondie." Armin gave me a skeptical  glare and made an, "Mhm" noise. He clearly didn't believe me.

"Come on, I think you should hear the rest of the plan." Armin's hand grabbed mine and he walked me back towards the boxes.

"Basically, we want to gather a group of novice cadets to distract and lead hordes of titans to one corner while an elite group guards Eren." Armin looked like he wanted to ask me something but couldn't get it out, "Uh, I'm suggesting..Well would you-"

"Armin is putting us in the elite squad, just like earlier." Mikasa tucked a strand of hair behind her ear as she finished the boy's sentence.

"Hey- It's not even my call it's just a suggestion!" Armin rubbed his arm. "I want to ask for you two, or at least one of you on the team. The both of you are so capable." He gave a nervous laugh,"I just want you guys to be okay with the risk of being Eren's bodyguard."

I stood still and the let out a laugh, "Armin why were you scared to ask? Of course I'll help and I bet Mikasa already agreed."

"Yeah, I did.  But seriously, Eren's life is on the line, everyone's is, why would we disagree?"

"I-I don't know?" Armin fiddled with his hair, "I'm just anxious about my plan, what if it-"

"Armin.." I face palmed.

Mikasa reassured him, "It will work, trust me. That hole will be plugged by the end of today."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know this isn't some great chapter you were looking for but HEY ar least I'm writing something 💃🕺 I hate that it took so long but I can't help the fact that writing can be extremely time consuming-

ANYWAYS I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS SHORT CHAPTER